Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I purchased a new 2017 HRV EX in September of this year. Yesterday I noticed that as I was driving, the doors started to automatically lock-slightly unlock-lock-slightly unlock-lock-slightly unlock-etc, lasting for maybe a minute or two. It happened a few times last night and then a few more times today, all as I was driving 10-30mph. I also realized that the car isn't locking/unlocking as it usually does using either the key fob or the button on the door. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this problem (or if my car is just possessed), but I can't get in for servicing until the beginning of January, and I need to drive to and from work every day--want to make sure it's safe for me to do so. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Did you get two FOBs on your purchase? If so, does the problem happen if using the second FOB? For such a new car, I doubt it would be wiring/fuse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a similar issue with my 2016 EX. Figured out it was a faulty door switch on the driver side. Turns out the switch wasn't fully engaged when the door was closed, so a small bump the the vehicle would open the switch. Replaced it under warranty without any problem, but until I could get it in for service I just taped a couple of pennies to the inside of the door where the switch would make contact, essentially depressing the switch a little further down. Worked like a charm.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I had both door switches (the black rubber thing on the frame of the car) replaced last winter with a similar issue. It's doing it again on drivers side, I keep finding the rubber is pulled to the side and sticking the switch.

Also check the silver metal latch plate is secure, we've had reports of them being loose which can cause a similar symptom and is a little more dangerous

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello!
I purchased a new 2017 HRV EX in September of this year. Yesterday I noticed that as I was driving, the doors started to automatically lock-slightly unlock-lock-slightly unlock-lock-slightly unlock-etc, lasting for maybe a minute or two. It happened a few times last night and then a few more times today, all as I was driving 10-30mph. I also realized that the car isn't locking/unlocking as it usually does using either the key fob or the button on the door. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this problem (or if my car is just possessed), but I can't get in for servicing until the beginning of January, and I need to drive to and from work every day--want to make sure it's safe for me to do so. Any thoughts?
Happens to me too!! Actually having quite a bit of issues with my HRV, VERY FRUSTRATED!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts