Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like so many, I am eagerly waiting for the HR-V. I have owned two Mazda's, the last one is 18 years old and won't last another winter. I am the main driver of my sister's Fit. The HR-V is my dream come true - a Fit with AWD, a bit bigger, quieter and as reliable.

In case the HR-V is delayed I might be forced into alternatives. All have shortcomings (for me). The Juke is too weird. The Impreza's seat are far too low for old bones. The Crosstrek roof requires bending the head excessively. The Tucson and Sportage have seats and stills too high. The X1 is the right height but I don't want run-flats and no spare.

The Tiguan, Q3 or GLA might be my next choice, but I am concerned about their reliability. The CR-V, CX-5 and Forester are too long, I live downtown and parallel park all the time.

So it is back to the HR-V. I am following the Fit forum and I am delighted that the first owners of the 2015 Fit are quite satisfied. May be the Celaya plant can produce quality cars despite being so new.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome! It sounds like the HR-V may be a good fit for you. (Pun absolutely intended.) I can definitely appreciate your sentiments about seat height. I have had back problems and I'm not sure how I would hold up if I still had to climb in and out of the cars I have had in the past. I do like driving my mom's CX-5, but it's too big for me and its seats also require a bit of a climb. I still haven't driven the new Fit, but from what I remember the seating position was decent, not quite as high as the HR-V, but higher than say a Mazda 3.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum, what type of Mazda are you coming from?
I have a 1998 Mazda Protegée. Except for the suspension and rust it has been quite reliable. Once again, my shocks will not take another winter, they bottom out when it is too cold. I would rather not change them before switching cars.

·
Registered
620 Posts
If you are thinking about the GLA, you could also consider the Lexus NX. It would be more expensive than the HRV, but if you are thinking about the GLA then the NX should be around that price as well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are thinking about the GLA, you could also consider the Lexus NX. It would be more expensive than the HRV, but if you are thinking about the GLA then the NX should be around that price as well.
Thank you for the tip. I had a look at the NX - its length is 182 inches. This is much longer than the other cars I was looking at. The GLA is only 174 inches and the Q3 is 173 inches.

Even the CR-V (178 inches) that is smaller than the NX would be too big for me. The HR-V with its 169 inches would be ideal.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Thank you for the tip. I had a look at the NX - its length is 182 inches. This is much longer than the other cars I was looking at. The GLA is only 174 inches and the Q3 is 173 inches.

Even the CR-V (178 inches) that is smaller than the NX would be too big for me. The HR-V with its 169 inches would be ideal.
What about the Subaru's, the Outback is a very attractive package as is the CrossTek...

·
Registered
620 Posts
The Subaru Outback gets really good reviews too, so I'm sure that you wouldn't be disappointed. Plus, who doesn't want to feel like a rebel by actually owning a Subaru?

·
Registered
741 Posts
The Subaru Outback gets really good reviews too, so I'm sure that you wouldn't be disappointed. Plus, who doesn't want to feel like a rebel by actually owning a Subaru?
Subaru's are actually really good vehicles too, and they look cool, but do carry a bit of a higher price tag, still something I would consider looking into.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually the Subaru Crosstrek is second on my list, just after the HR-V. (Having tried it again, I have put aside my earlier concern about the Crosstrek accessibility.)

In comparing the two, the HR-V comes ahead on reliability (from my experience with a Fit). There have been a lot of reports and a class action suit against Subaru for oil consumption - it is a gamble ; some cars are terrible others are perfect. The AWD of the Crosstrek is probably superior.

I am hoping the HR-V will have a more powerful engine than the 1.5l ; this would put it ahead of the Crosstrek in terms of power/weight. I am also planning to compare the sound insulation of the 2015 versions.

If the HR-V with AWD is very much delayed, I might go for the Crosstrek.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Good choice going with that, i know once it came out sales for it were pretty good and they continue to, at least last i checked, a lot of people like them and it's easy to see why.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts