Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All respects, good luck, and best wishes to all the new and future HRV owners. It's been cool hanging around and following the HRV the last few months.

After long deliberation, we finally decided on a titanium gray, 2WD 2015 Kia Soul+ with Audio and UVO packages, 8" color screen, backup camera, automatic, very slightly better cargo capacity, much better power(165 HP), but definitely lower EPA fuel mileage than the HRV (23/31). Having put 90,000 miles on our 2010 Soul+, we pretty much know what we're getting.

For those who are interested in cross-shopping, the list price for this goody-loaded Soul+ was $21,500 (MSRP and delivery). Our volume dealer in the Boston area gave us a $4,800 discount with absolutely no haggling or hidden charges, leaving our as-delivered price at $16,700.

Still very fond of the HRV, and look forward to stopping into the forum from time to time and hear how the owner experience is going for everyone. I really look forward to seeing all those cool HRV colors in person out there on the road.

If a gray Kia Soul gives you a happy beep some day, that's me.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Wish they offered an AWD to be able to compete in the subcompact crossovers like the HRV and better gas mileage...hopefully the 2016 will address the issues. Otherwise it's a nice hatchback.

BTW, is that the 80" wide version like the Ford Ecosport? :laugh:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Sad to see you go, Scooter, I really appreciated your analyses and perspectives. Glad you found a good ride for you, though, and you've convinced me the Soul's another alternative if the HRV doesn't impress when it gets here.

Cheers!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Scooter, enjoy the new ride. I'll miss getting all of the insider Soul info from you, I didn't consider it until I saw you rave about it. The Soul isn't for me, but it was good to check it out. Just because you got a Soul doesn't mean you can't hang around here, so feel free to pop in every once in awhile!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
All respects, good luck, and best wishes to all the new and future HRV owners. It's been cool hanging around and following the HRV the last few months.

After long deliberation, we finally decided on a titanium gray, 2WD 2015 Kia Soul+ with Audio and UVO packages, 8" color screen, backup camera, automatic, very slightly better cargo capacity, much better power(165 HP), but definitely lower EPA fuel mileage than the HRV (23/31). Having put 90,000 miles on our 2010 Soul+, we pretty much know what we're getting.

For those who are interested in cross-shopping, the list price for this goody-loaded Soul+ was $21,500 (MSRP and delivery). Our volume dealer in the Boston area gave us a $4,800 discount with absolutely no haggling or hidden charges, leaving our as-delivered price at $16,700.

Still very fond of the HRV, and look forward to stopping into the forum from time to time and hear how the owner experience is going for everyone. I really look forward to seeing all those cool HRV colors in person out there on the road.

If a gray Kia Soul gives you a happy beep some day, that's me.

Looks like we are checking out on the same day. I hope you will keep your word and post occasionally , as will I. Always got a smile out of your witty comments. :)
Enjoy your new car!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks for the Soul tip last weekend! I checked one out, and I didn't fall in love. But, they are value packed and people up here absolutely rave about them.

Is the HR-V going to be as popular as we thought? :eek:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Wish they offered an AWD to be able to compete in the subcompact crossovers like the HRV and better gas mileage...hopefully the 2016 will address the issues. Otherwise it's a nice hatchback.

BTW, is that the 80" wide version like the Ford Ecosport? :laugh:
The price difference he is paying will pay for many, many gallons of gasoline.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts