Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 16 plate HR-V. A loud knocking noise started today but is intermittent. It lasts for a few minutes then stops. Doesn’t seem to effect the power or drive but concerned that it’s something major. Any advice would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
312 Posts
You could try looking around to see if anything is loose.

Another member had similar noise when going above a certain speed... it turned out to be a loose underside panel. At high enough speed, the airflow causes it to flap against the HR-V.

On the other hand, if you have some tools, you could take a look at other parts. I've had tie rod get loose on two separate vehicles (2010 Honda Fit and 1999.5 Nissan Pathfinder), it was clunking on both of them... one end actually popped off on the PF. The clunking would be more prominent on turns.

Other than that, you'll have to be more specific... or rather, you have to find out the specifics on what causes the noise.

Simply stating you have an intermittent knocking noise isn't really helpful. Because it could be way too many things...

Heck, last month, I had a really loud noise... and that came from a nail or screw embedding itself into my tire. And it wore down shortly afterward until it was less noticeable when driving straight, but very noticeable when turning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a similar problem. Neither I nor the mechanic could pinpoint the problem simply by driving it around. He ultimately attached an array of sound detectors and discovered a loose panel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thanks for your response. Car has been to the garage and the Engine under tray had become loose so I’m hoping that’s it solved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts