Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

Picked up my blue EX AWD yesterday and I'm digging it. Went back to the dealer today for the final paperwork details and inspection. While there I decided to add on the rubber mats and splash guards which add a nice look to it and will be very practical here in the New England winter.

My question is, what do you guys think about the body trim panels? I'm kind of torn because while I think they could possibly save me from some door dings I think they will break up what is a very nice clean body line.

Second question, should I get the hood air deflector? I think this might be good idea to keep those stone marks and bugs off my windshield.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm leaning to a no on the side moldings. After almost a week with the car I don't want to break up the look of the doors (that blue is effing gorgeous in the sun) and the worst door dings I got in my previous car were high on the door at the first crease about 2" under the window from a suburban rear door so moldings wouldn't have helped. Lesson learned, park next to mini vans with sliding doors!

I'm not a huge fan of deflectors, not really my look. Don't know if the hood one is meant to deflect debris or just air. Again I've been nailed by stuff flying from above (dump trucks) or below (unsecured loads on the freeway) so the damage would have happened either way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts