Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm enjoying everything about my new LX except the interior door panels. The black fabric panel is filthy after a week. I don't even have dry skin but you can see where my elbow has rubbed against the panel. Yuck.

I wonder if one could swap the panels for EX door panels... Any thoughts for online sources for the door panels? I'll ask at the dealer but I'm guessing they would cost $LOL.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I'm enjoying everything about my new LX except the interior door panels. The black fabric panel is filthy after a week. I don't even have dry skin but you can see where my elbow has rubbed against the panel. Yuck.

I wonder if one could swap the panels for EX door panels... Any thoughts for online sources for the door panels? I'll ask at the dealer but I'm guessing they would cost $LOL.
If I remember the fabric is the same on both models. Not sure how much it would cost, but you could have an upholstery shop recover it in vinyl. I would be interested in what you find out. It would certainly be a more durable option too.

·
Registered
205 Posts
In the mean time watch out with zinc based sunscreens! They made a mess of my doors in my black interior Fit last summer. The steering wheel and doors lahar big greasy white prints since zinc sunscreen doesn't soak in. You can also find auto upholstery fabric and vinyl at larger fabric stores. Sometimes special order but you could probably DIY a cover.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had same feeling about Lx door interior when I drove one 3 days ago. Drove ex today and doors are the same. Pouring rain all day and door fabric was soaking wet. All I thought of was mold or mildew and my allergies. Recovering is a good idea. Wine it is the whole door and not just a vertical panel so selecting the right product might be tricky. I moved up to the EXL mainly due to the doors. Good luck with your decision and let us know how it works!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I took issue with the door fabric too. It would be soon easy to snag it with the fork of my bike when moving it in and out of the back.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Very nice. Care to share details, like cost, source, installation?

·
Registered
95 Posts
That is one of the biggest gripes that I have with this car is the cloth on the side of the doors. I have not seen any other car do that as common sense would say that it will get dirty and wear out. That is the main reason for me to go for the EX-L.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Very nice. Care to share details, like cost, source, installation?
Cost: Not cheap
Source: bernardiparts.com
Installation: Three screws and a number of pops. I've replaced car speakers on almost all my cars so it's second nature. There are a lot of screws in the arm rest thought, 18.

So while not cheap, it's way better than the fabric and the only thing we didn't like on the car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This issue has me a little concerned, as I'm quite sure that our VTi-S (Australian version, and currently on order) has fabric door panelling. Would a fabric and upholstery protector type spray be of any help? It's probably a 'temporary' fix, but 4 new door panels sounds awfully expensive. Is the rear tailgate also covered with the same material?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
That is one of the biggest gripes that I have with this car is the cloth on the side of the doors. I have not seen any other car do that as common sense would say that it will get dirty and wear out. That is the main reason for me to go for the EX-L.
That was one of the reasons I decided not to get this car. I wish that had done it like the Civic.....

Attachments

·
Registered
805 Posts
Installation: Three screws and a number of pops. I've replaced car speakers on almost all my cars so it's second nature. There are a lot of screws in the arm rest thought, 18.

So while not cheap, it's way better than the fabric and the only thing we didn't like on the car.
It's not clear to me from their diagram ... what Part Number did you use?

Thanks.

·
Registered
185 Posts

Looks great! I will wait a while until I replace my cloth ones. Going to put some elbow skin on it before its unbearable and will replace in nearby future.

Reactions: Kaos2800

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Supers Dupers ... Thank You!

Discounts are available, but will still get the wife's attention :)

I wuz on the wrong site ...
It is beautiful! How can you get discounts? I don't think I could quite justify the prices on the chart, but if it were a bit more reasonably priced, I might go for it if I did buy this car.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Excellent results!

If the cloth panels really wear poorly, and enough people make enough noise, do you think there's any chance Honda would do a recall? Do they ever do that for cosmetic fixes, i.e. design flaws, not just manufacturing flaws?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts