Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealership wants me to schedule appointments at 6 month intervals. The maintenance minder is at 30% after 6 months. Does waiting until the maintenance minder indicates it's time for service effect the warrantee or just irritate the dealership service department?

·
Super Moderator
1,585 Posts
One exception is when you don't drive enough miles to set off the MM within a year. Then it is oil and filter change every 12 months.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you everyone for the replies.

The dealership likes to nag me to make an appointment at 6 months.

It seems the maintenance minder could be hurting the service departments that like to pressure folks to bring their cars in "early".

·
Registered
36 Posts
Maintenance Minder...

Thank you everyone for the replies.

The dealership likes to nag me to make an appointment at 6 months.

It seems the maintenance minder could be hurting the service departments that like to pressure folks to bring their cars in "early".

:nerd: Just had 2nd Oil & Filter Change done at a local Mr. Lube, while the Tech ReSet the Next Oil Change reminder the B16 Code came up .. This is the 1st Honda we've owned and discovering a few things that seem tobe Planned Obsolescence on Honda's part.. The B16 Code is to say the Rear Diff Fluid needs to be changed and we're told every 31K thereafter... Yes I get the Argument Break In period and Filings in the Crankcase.. Try Telling the Oil Companies their Oils / Fluids Breakdown at 31K / 19,000miles or Honda to say @ 61K / 38,000miles possible Rear Differential Problems Their Rear Differential Design has problems well before 50K / 32,000miles.. Who's Lobbying Who for More Money.. Isn't the idea for a Economically, Safe, Reliable Vehicle that can give better than 30mpg on the Highway ?? Just Saying..:eek:

·
Registered
143 Posts
One exception is when you don't drive enough miles to set off the MM within a year. Then it is oil and filter change every 12 months.
Interesting story, I have a friend who owns a 2008 Fit w/34000mi and he has never seen a maintenance code of any kind. With only 4 to 5k per year he gets the annual oil change with the MM at about 40% and never reaching 15% which apparently is required to trigger the maintenance codes. Without a written maintenance schedule he wouldn't know what is required. Hopefully Honda has addressed that issue by now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Interesting story, I have a friend who owns a 2008 Fit w/34000mi and he has never seen a maintenance code of any kind. With only 4 to 5k per year he gets the annual oil change with the MM at about 40% and never reaching 15% which apparently is required to trigger the maintenance codes. Without a written maintenance schedule he wouldn't know what is required. Hopefully Honda has addressed that issue by now.
:nerd: My 1st Oil Change & Filter , We had approximately 11K showing on the Speedo and Sensor was giving a 50% Rating on the strength of the Oil.. Just shy of 22K for the 2nd O&F 40% Strength...lol.. The B16 Code is only triggered when you've manually reset the MM after 2nd Oil Change from what I've gathered... The Oil has always been Clean & Clear to the Full Mark regardless of sensors given % Strength.. Like the Law of Averages, Numbers are fed into a Computer and this is what comes out.. Planned Obsolescence...lol... Buy a Car for the Economics of Commuting , Only to Spend your Savings For Maintenance @ the Dealership..:eek:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Just had my 3rd oil change
1 - 9 months 13,000km
2 - 8 months 23,000km
3 - 9 months 35,000km

Just love the full synthetic 0w20 in Canada, no worries about letting the maintenance minder go full course to zero, helping reduce maintenance costs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it the same in Canada?

If you don't get the maintenance minder in a year, is the minimum required service interval 12 months to keep the warranty valid?

I have only 850km (525 miles) after 5 months. My circumstances changed 3 weeks after buying the vehicle and I rarely drive it. My dealer is nagging me to bring it in for service which seems ridiculous but I don't want to invalidate the warranty.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Honda HR-V maintenance questions

Hi ,

i am really sorry in advance for my bad english and if my questions are very basic.

i bought my Honda HR-V in December 2016. Since that date i am driving car on petrol and fix two time tyre puncture.

i want to know what other things i need to maintain, like engine oil and break oil e.t.c? i have attached some mileage pictures. please Guide me if any action is required now?

when i talked to Honda dealer, he told me the car maintenance minder will alert me about any action, but since this is almost 7 months and i see no alert, i want to know learn about it now well.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
If you don't get the maintenance minder in a year, is the minimum required service interval 12 months to keep the warranty valid?

I have only 850km (525 miles) after 5 months. My circumstances changed 3 weeks after buying the vehicle and I rarely drive it. My dealer is nagging me to bring it in for service which seems ridiculous but I don't want to invalidate the warranty.

Thanks
The owners manual specifically states that the oil should be changed by the maintenance minder or every 1 year whichever comes first. Follow your maintenance minder and not the dealership calling or sending out flyers in the mail. It will not void your warranty as long as you are following what Honda recommends and not what the dealership thinks you need.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
That's very low mileage for 7 months, you must do a lot of short trips or not drive very often.

The maintenance minder is truly all you need to go by. I would expect even under severe service you will not get a notification for another 4-5000km. You should go by the minder or change the oil every 12 months, whichever comes first

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's very low mileage for 7 months, you must do a lot of short trips or not drive very often.
Only short and infrequent trips. I bought it because my partner was losing mobility and couldn't take public transit in downtown Toronto, and an HRV is perfect for carrying a wheelchair or walker. My partner passed away so I haven't had much need for a vehicle when I live on the main subway line. I'll keep it for a year and then decide whether to sell it or keep it.

I'll take it out for a road trip soon.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Only short and infrequent trips. I bought it because my partner was losing mobility and couldn't take public transit in downtown Toronto, and an HRV is perfect for carrying a wheelchair or walker. My partner passed away so I haven't had much need for a vehicle when I live on the main subway line. I'll keep it for a year and then decide whether to sell it or keep it.

I'll take it out for a road trip soon.
I'm sorry for your loss, sounds like a tough situation.

If you drive very infrequently it would be good to get the engine temperature up every once in a while to drive moisture out regardless of what the monitoring system says. 15 minutes at highway speed would do a lot

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oil change issue

I have a 2016 EX-L with 6023 miles on it. 85% of my drive is in the city, San Francisco. 6 miles commute each way with 3 hills but they aren't that steep.

Did my first oil change at 3500 when it was at 10%, full synthetic. It's now at 6023 miles at 50%. First question is does this seem right? Second question is if I'm using full synthetic, shouldn't the oil change be at 7,000 miles interval or more? Do I follow that rule of thumb or what's the % life is showing? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts