Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting a new tread so people who have driven (not just read about) a Manual can share their experience.

Just got through driving one and I am pleased!

I was looking for throttle hang because it has been noted. I think I did experience it, but really the car was so smooth I didn't care.

Cruising in sixth gear was great! Not noisy at all.

You did hear the engine while revving through the gears, but it was a cool sports car sound to me. Loved it!

It did take a bit to get used to having six speeds. I did have to ask the rider a couple of times if I was in 4th or 6th. In fact I was disappointed how loud the engine was in "top" gear until I realized I was in fourth. Then when I properly shifted into 6th I loved the much quieter cruising. You can hear the engine a bit but it was not disturbing. I would venture to say quiet in my book.

I imagine some would say the clutch and the shifter feel "light", but I enjoyed that personally......short throws.

Got to play with the radio and phone setting too on both the LX and EX. Phone worked great through Bluetooth.
Also thought the LX four speaker stereo had a great sound. No it won't vibrate the whole car with the bass , but I hate that anyway.

The LX backup camera has only one basic setting. I thought it would have "wide" and "narrow" and whatever the third setting is called, but honestly I am happy just to see what is behind me backing up. "Dynamic" setting is in the EX.

The seats were very firm and supportive. I may not even need my lumbar pillow in this car. The comfort became even more obvious to me as the salesman and I were playing with the radio and phone settings. I suddenly realized how comfortable I felt after sitting there awhile.

Guess I strayed off the Manual topic here, but just wanted to share my other experiences while they are still fresh in my mind.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Thanks Bicepeak... great feedback! I'm so glad that you found the manual acceptable... fun, even? Gives me greater hope.

My dealer wants us to put down a deposit, to back up the preference for the car I want, as they're not expecting much of an allocation in July. Now that I've read this I'm thinking I just might do that.

How about you... are you leaning more towards buying now??

Cheers... Perry.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bicepeak... great feedback! I'm so glad that you found the manual acceptable... fun, even? Gives me greater hope.

My dealer wants us to put down a deposit, to back up the preference for the car I want, as they're not expecting much of an allocation in July. Now that I've read this I'm thinking I just might do that.

How about you... are you leaning more towards buying now??

Cheers... Perry.
Let's just say my interest is increasing greatly again. :) I think a lot of it was relief from all the negatives things I was hearing. So when I realized it was actually a pleasant experience I am much more upbeat about the HR-V.
Anxious to hear if Derm's impressions are different.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Let's just say my interest is increasing greatly again. :) I think a lot of it was relief from all the negatives things I was hearing. So when I realized it was actually a pleasant experience I am much more upbeat about the HR-V.
Anxious to hear if Derm's impressions are different.
Still waiting on one to be available for test driving in my area....you shouldn't hold your breath, not sure when it's going to happen :(

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok....I will breath normally until you get a chance to test one. :)

Throughout this day I have been thinking about some of those CVT reviews that mentioned that at some speeds when you want to punch it the power wasn't there. That is actually a good thing when it comes to squeezing the highest mpg possible, but I will like being able to drop a gear to get that power when I choose, or need, it. ( Paddle shifter might help the CVT in this regard)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts