Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tailgate (2019 Honda HR-v) is stuck. I have used it every day so yes, I know how to open it. The dog jumped in and I think got dirt in there. I took off the inside cover, sprayed the heck out of it, pulled out a leaf but still cannot get it to release. On older models there was a release lever so you could open it from the inside but I can’t find one on mine. I suspect because it is electronic, there is no longer a release. Can anyone help me out ?? Is there a way to manually release a stuck tailgate latch?

·
Banned
609 Posts
I have a 2018, and the release is behind a plastic piece down by the floor in the center of the door. Push the release lever to the right with a small screwdriver, and take it to the dealer to fix it..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went to the dealer after trying everything I could. Tech was stumped too. Turns out there isn’t a manual release on the 2019 HR-V. The problem was a bad connector. When I shut the tailgate, it disconnected so the release wasn’t getting power. They will be putting in a new wiring harness in a few weeks. In the meantime the plastic is off so I can get to the connector in case it happens again. It’s always the little plastic part right??

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
310 Posts
That's... unfortunate. Just to be sure, I checked it out myself... yup, sheet metal.

I was going to ask why they put a cover to a non-existent trunk release, but then realized it's probably just re-using the previous year's panel instead of redesigning it.

I guess the better question is... why they'd block/removed access to the trunk release?

edit: what trims do we have? I have Touring... it's low, but I wonder if its possible the LX has the trunk release?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My tailgate (2019 Honda HR-v) is stuck. I have used it every day so yes, I know how to open it. The dog jumped in and I think got dirt in there. I took off the inside cover, sprayed the heck out of it, pulled out a leaf but still cannot get it to release. On older models there was a release lever so you could open it from the inside but I can’t find one on mine. I suspect because it is electronic, there is no longer a release. Can anyone help me out ?? Is there a way to manually release a stuck tailgate latch?
I got e actly the same problem. I don't know if there is a recall going on about this but seems that is a very common problem in Hondas HRV. The dealer ask fr $150 dollars for diagnosis and then will charge for the new switch or sensor plus labor. In a less than a year old car?? Just outrageous!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts