Honda HR-V Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
UPDATE: The person that I sold this head unit to with a 2016 did get it to work in his car, so the Maxca is compatible with the 2016-2018 and not the 2019-2021. I ended up buying the Dasaita for my 2020 at $500 (free shipping) but this Maxca was $150 ($48 shipping). So, those with the early cars might want to try the Maxca and save some money. I see it's now listed for $188 (free shipping).

· Registered
56 Posts
UPDATE: The person that I sold this head unit to with a 2016 did get it to work in his car, so the Maxca is compatible with the 2016-2018 and not the 2019-2021. I ended up buying the Dasaita for my 2020 at $500 (free shipping) but this Maxca was $150 ($48 shipping). So, those with the early cars might want to try the Maxca and save some money. I see it's now listed for $188 (free shipping).

Yup, thanks again! My quick review compared to my Sony XAV-AX210.

Pros: Bigger 9" display, capacitive touch makes it more responsive, faster boot up and load time.

Cons: Lower pixel density display, no physical volume knob, voice assistant steering wheel button no longer works.

I will post more details shortly.

· Registered
1 Posts
For anyone who's tried this on an EX, does the right-hand mirror camera still work?
I have the same question and also if the factory backup camera works as I see this has an external backup camera as an option, but I want to retain my factory camera with this unit.

@urbanglowcam can you answer this for us and give an update about the Maxca unit now that you have had it installed for many months?

· Registered
56 Posts
I have the same question and also if the factory backup camera works as I see this has an external backup camera as an option, but I want to retain my factory camera with this unit.

@urbanglowcam can you answer this for us and give an update about the Maxca unit now that you have had it installed for many months?
Hi. The factory backup camera does work for my 2016 LX, though I can't speak for the EX. It even offers its own software if I choose to use it which adds guidelines that move with the steering wheel. I don't remember the stock one having that but maybe I'm mistaken.

I reached out to the seller to get more information regarding EX users. I also have an extra maxca stereo laying around if anyone is interested at a lower cost. You would just have to purchase a harness from the seller. The reason I have an extra is because I purchased another unit from them that has wireless android auto. Otherwise it's roughly the same.

PM me if interested!

· Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I was the one that originally bought the Maxca and tried it in my 2020 LX. It was a nice yet very basic head unit but the camera and steering wheel controls did not work in my car. That being said, it seems that the Maxca is good for the 2016-2018 LX only. All others should look to the Dasaita which unfortunately is twice the price.

There are also Joying and about a dozen others to choose from at different prices but I have no experience with those to give feedback.

· Registered
3 Posts
I was the one that originally bought the Maxca and tried it in my 2020 LX. It was a nice yet very basic head unit but the camera and steering wheel controls did not work in my car. That being said, it seems that the Maxca is good for the 2016-2018 LX only. All others should look to the Dasaita which unfortunately is twice the price.

There are also Joying and about a dozen others to choose from at different prices but I have no experience with those to give feedback.
will Dasaita fit to my 2019 hrv touring?

· Registered
56 Posts
Has anyone else here bought this Maxca? I see that it has a 5 star rating on AliExpress and was wondering if someone could post feedback.
Hey there. Curious why you'd want to know since it isn't compatible with your year.

Since you sold me yours, I have actually purchased a new model they offer that includes wireless Carplay and Android Auto. What's nice is that it let me get rid of an additional device I was using called AAWireless that always had to be plugged into the USB to give me wireless Android Auto.

Other than that, the UI is a bit of a step back from the version you sent but I'm usually in Android Auto anyways. The new unit also fixed an issue where my time in the gauge cluster was always incorrect.

Otherwise it mostly performs the same and I only have some minor issues that the developer is hoping to help with on firmware updates.

· Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hey there. Curious why you'd want to know since it isn't compatible with your year.
Mostly because I’m a CarPlay enthusiast but also because I’d like for people to have an inexpensive option compared to the Dasaita. It should also be noted that I’m the buyer that let Maxca know that it doesn’t work with the 2019+ as I found out on my 2020 LX. Still, as you said, I don’t use the other features much anyway just the CarPlay (Android Auto in your case).

· Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone else here bought this Maxca? I see that it has a 5 star rating on AliExpress and was wondering if someone could post feedback.
I created an account just now share my feedback. I purchased this within the last month, and I have zero experience installing any car equipment but am relatively handy when it comes to appliance repair. ** Edit: I'm working on a 2017 HRV LX

I was able to install the head unit and had the device powered on, however it said my reverse camera did not have a signal. I turned the car off, swapped some connections and tried again. This time no power at all... even removing every connection but the power yields no screen on. I've tried to reset using the pin hole as well.

My bigger concern is I may have damaged the fuse somehow as when I reinstall the OEM head unit there's no power there either, and cannot find which fuse corresponds to the stereo (the cigar lighter still works, as well as all electronics in the vehicle that I can tell). The aliexpress seller has been very responsive in trying to assist in troubleshooting.

· Registered
2 Posts
I created an account just now share my feedback. I purchased this within the last month, and I have zero experience installing any car equipment but am relatively handy when it comes to appliance repair.

I was able to install the head unit and had the device powered on, however it said my reverse camera did not have a signal. I turned the car off, swapped some connections and tried again. This time no power at all... even removing every connection but the power yields no screen on. I've tried to reset using the pin hole as well.

My bigger concern is I may have damaged the fuse somehow as when I reinstall the OEM head unit there's no power there either, and cannot find which fuse corresponds to the stereo (the cigar lighter still works, as well as all electronics in the vehicle that I can tell). The aliexpress seller has been very responsive in trying to assist in troubleshooting.
I found the blown fuse in the engine fuse box - fuse #22 was the culprit.

· Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I too found the seller very helpful when I tried this head unit but could not get the reverse camera to work on my 2020 LX AWD even with his guidance, so I (we) gave up and that’s what lead me to the (twice the price) Dasaita.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I am new to Honda, I got 2015/2016 H-RV and I am looking at upgrading the the Screen. I did bit of digging for a head unit. I did find different once. The one that got my attention is the Maxca 9. Does anyone have any experience with that Unit. I all need it is for GPS and Music play Airplay for Apple phones. Any know issues ?

Thank you in advance.

· Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I’ve had a Maxca but sold it because not everything worked on my 2020 LX. Another forum member here bought it from me and got it working correctly but I see that he has it for sale now. Do a search with the key word “Maxca” and you’ll find the threads posted.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello, everyone! Just joined the forum. I was reading through this thread and a couple others discussing the Maxca head unit – looks like it could end up being by far the most cost-effective option for adding wireless CarPlay and a nice touchscreen to the 2018 LX I just bought, so I took the plunge and ordered one from AliExpress myself last week. It should arrive today, so I'll post the outcome after I've gotten around to installing it!

I did take the precaution of messaging the seller to make 100% sure it comes with the correct connectors specifically for the 2018 LX (I saw there's been at least one case of mismatched connectors in the past). I was assured there would be no problem, so fingers crossed. 🤞

· Registered
5 Posts
Hello, everyone! Just joined the forum. I was reading through this thread and a couple others discussing the Maxca head unit – looks like it could end up being by far the most cost-effective option for adding wireless CarPlay and a nice touchscreen to the 2018 LX I just bought, so I took the plunge and ordered one from AliExpress myself last week. It should arrive today, so I'll post the outcome after I've gotten around to installing it!

I did take the precaution of messaging the seller to make 100% sure it comes with the correct connectors specifically for the 2018 LX (I saw there's been at least one case of mismatched connectors in the past). I was assured there would be no problem, so fingers crossed. 🤞
How did the installation in your 2018 LX go? I'm considering this for my 2017 EX-L Navi. Looks like the unit is going for about $125 on aliexpress.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts