Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Can you please tell me,

What is the dimension of the flat floor? (including the "open air" area, from the rear seat edge, to the back of the front seat).

With the front seat in the max position forward in the rails,(front seat backrest inclined forward) closer to the dashboard, from the edge of the interior trunk.

PS: Anyone remove from the rail screws the front seat, and position it even closer to the dashboard, seating area of the front seat tucked under the dashboard, if is a physical possibility? (for Jazz GD model, 2003 is ok to do this trick).
The total length with this configuration, for sleeping?

Any pictures?

Thank you.

Example picture from Jazz 2015-2020:
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wouldn't recommend this car as a sleeper unless your around 5 feet tall.

I'm 5' 10" and I slept in the back one night. It was not comfy.

I think it's about 63 or 65 inches from the trunk to the center console. So if you put an inflatable twin bed in there, it will curve up because of the console. And it will only be supported by the center console making it unbalanced when you sleep.

But heres my experience sleeping in the back. I pushed the passenger seat all the way forward and I couldn't sleep fully vertical. I had to either bend my knees, or sleep sideways to be able to fully extend my legs and lay flat. Also, there's a gap between the back seat and the back of the front passenger seat, so your head will have no support and just flop into the hole unless you fill it with something. (I extended the rear headrest and balanced my pillow on it. But if I shifted just slighty off to one side on the pillow, I'd start falling into the hole.)

And the flap that covers the seat hinge (between the end of the trunk and bottom of the rear seats) pops up about an inch, creating a hard edge and will dig into your back or legs unless you get a thick enough mattress pad, which I didn't have.

It was an awful sleeping experience and I have no desire to try it again.

So I would't recommend this car as a sleeper unless you plan to make some modifications like adding a wood platform for a mattress or removing the front seat or something. It has potential, but if you're taller, like me, it's gonna take some modifications.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

The long box on the right is 91" long - that is max space between glove-box and rear bulkhead as shown- the width you would have to lie down is limited to what is between thheconsole and the door handles. (Not much.)
and it not entirely flat for this entire distance (front to back).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts