• 2015 Audi Q3: 17 days
  • 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV: 17 days
  • 2015 Chevrolet Colorado extended cab: 17 days
  • 2015 Ford Edge: 17 days
  • 2015 Land Rover Range Rover: 17 days
  • 2015 Mercedes-Benz GL450: 17 days
  • 2015 Subaru Impreza sedan: 17 days
  • 2015 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen: 17 days
https://www.cars.com/articles/mays-fastest--and-slowest-selling-cars-1420680537371/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does it mean a time between the moment the car rolls into the dealership to the moment sells?
Considering that there were a lot of people waiting for this car, it is not a surprise. But lets see how it sells after the initial demand is gone.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it mean a time between the moment the car rolls into the dealership to the moment sells?
Considering that there were a lot of people waiting for this car, it is not a surprise. But lets see how it sells after the initial demand is gone.
Yes will be interesting how they are next month.

From the article
About the Lists

The Fastest- and Slowest-Selling Cars list reports the average number of days it takes to sell models from the day they arrive on the lot until the final paperwork is signed by a buyer.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Good point. This does not convey an accurate scene since the car just went on sale so I would expect it or any vehicle to only have a few days of inventory.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point. This does not convey an accurate scene since the car just went on sale so I would expect it or any vehicle to only have a few days of inventory.
Yes, only part of the equation
How long did each car take to sell ?
How many cars were sold ?
What about long term ?

Hopefully we'll see the how many question answered today as well.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
All good questions, but either way off to a great start. And from the reviews to those that have already purchased an HRV, we have all heard by now the vehicle is amazing.

Think the recent MT article says it all " "great vehicle for anyone looking for a reliable, stylish, efficient, and fun transportation"."

http://www.hrvforum.com/forum/289-h...on/9737-hrv-review-july-2015-motor-trend.html

Yes, only part of the equation
How long did each car take to sell ?
How many cars were sold ?
What about long term ?

Hopefully we'll see the how many question answered today as well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Problem with this methodology is it gets skewed by manufacturers production schedules. Companies like GM and VW who LOVE to stuff the channels for revenue purposes will always show an almost artificially worse time then mega efficiency giants like Toyota and Honda...

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
All good questions, but either way off to a great start. And from the reviews to those that have already purchased an HRV, we have all heard by now the vehicle is amazing.

Think the recent MT article says it all " "great vehicle for anyone looking for a reliable, stylish, efficient, and fun transportation"."

http://www.hrvforum.com/forum/289-h...on/9737-hrv-review-july-2015-motor-trend.html
As long as we are reading reviews....here is a good one from Car and Driver ( also in the June print edition)

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2016-honda-hr-v-awd-test-review-an-impressive-35-mpg-page-2

This is my favorite witty line.....
"Not much powertrain enthusiasm here. The CVT spins the engine to 6700 and then back to about 6000 rpm as 60 mph is reached. CVT conspires against a good launch, and the engine racket is as intrusive and annoying as a sitcom mother-in-law."

And this one.......
"So with the CVT left in “D,” the engine scoots right up to that torque peak and then sits there droning like the salutatorian giving a junior-high commencement address. It’s irritating enough that you’d rather go back and repeat the eighth grade than listen to it."

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We’ve heard in general the HR-V has good soundproofing, better then most.
But definitely if you want to drive 0-60 as fast as you can, this is not the car for you. You won’t win any prizes, and it’s loud when pushed hard.

For many people, 0-60 is not important, or noise level under load, because we care more about mpg.
Jack-rabbit starts are well documented as the least efficient.
"In mixed driving, not including performance testing, C/D saw an impressive 35 mpg."

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
And not for just some people, but seems 6,381 of them in only 2 weeks. I still cannot believe that amount...gotta be record breaking!

For many people, 0-60 is not important, or noise level under load, because we care more about mpg.
"In mixed driving, not including performance testing, C/D saw an impressive 35 mpg."

·
Registered
547 Posts
We’ve heard in general the HR-V has good soundproofing, better then most.
But definitely if you want to drive 0-60 as fast as you can, this is not the car for you. You won’t win any prizes, and it’s loud when pushed hard.

The HR-V is a balance between various design intents (capacity, MPG, looks, etc.). Most of the compromises were handled well.

·
Registered
262 Posts
This is the most impressive thing to me. C/D did all the speed tests (0-60, 0-100, 30-50, 50-70, etc) and still got 35 mpg.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Very well stated..and just like the CRV, that can prove to be quite successful, can we say making it the #1 selling crossover? :nerd:

The HR-V is a balance between various design intents (capacity, MPG, looks, etc.). Most of the compromises were handled well.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is the most impressive thing to me. C/D did all the speed tests (0-60, 0-100, 30-50, 50-70, etc) and still got 35 mpg.

I take that as they did the performance tests (not including), then reset the mpg calculator, did mixed driving, and got the 35mpg.
Could be read the other way, but seems more likely they didn't include it.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Very well stated..and just like the CRV, that can prove to be quite successful, can we say making it the #1 selling crossover? :nerd:

CVT grumbling aside, most of the -current- subcompact crossover competition for the HR-V is a joke. Honda got a big jump on the more serious competition which is on its way (CX-3, whatever Ford and Toyota have in store, etc.).

Remember that earlier this Spring AHM predicted 70,000 U.S. units for the first 12 months of sales. If Honda can maintain supply -and- quality then 2016 HR-V wins the crown.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Agree and so far it appears the HRV offers the best mix of the bunch.

While the CX3 seems interesting, it does not seem to offer the versatility and storage capability that is offered in the HRV. Therefore like the current CRV and CX5, I am sure the HRV and CX3 sales will reflect the same as the CRV accounts for about 6 times as many sales.

CVT grumbling aside, most of the -current- subcompact crossover competition for the HR-V is a joke. Honda got a big jump on the more serious competition which is on its way (CX-3, whatever Ford and Toyota have in store, etc.).

Remember that earlier this Spring AHM predicted 70,000 U.S. units for the first 12 months of sales. If Honda can maintain supply -and- quality then 2016 HR-V wins the crown.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I take that as they did the performance tests (not including), then reset the mpg calculator, did mixed driving, and got the 35mpg.
Could be read the other way, but seems more likely they didn't include it.
My bad, I misread that. Selective vision.

I'm still impressed with the 35mpg from an automotive news source. They are generally not all that light-footed.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts