Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
I thought they already had a little one? Whats this going to be based off the Mazda 2? Could be a big hit with the women. All the Mazda 3's I see are driven by ladies, but mazda does have a nice language right now...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes, it will be on the Mazda2 platform and will slot below the compact CX-5. A little bird says to wait for the LA Auto Show for more details. ;)

·
Registered
741 Posts
This is a great move for them. With the success they're seeing already with current models that carry the current design language... i can see this one doing well among the competition... maybe it will turn out being one of the best sellers.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I think it's interesting the directions auto makers are taking with addressing this category of vehicle. It seems like method 1 is to make a larger vehicle smaller (examples: Mazda CX-3, Buick Encore) vs. method 2 of making a small vehicle larger (like the HR-V). To me it seems like using method 1 produces a more "cute" vehicle, like a baby version of whatever it's being based off of, while method 2 produces a more "beefy" version of the smaller vehicle. Personally, I prefer method 2, thus my interest in the HR-V.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think it's interesting the directions auto makers are taking with addressing this category of vehicle. It seems like method 1 is to make a larger vehicle smaller (examples: Mazda CX-3, Buick Encore) vs. method 2 of making a small vehicle larger (like the HR-V). To me it seems like using method 1 produces a more "cute" vehicle, like a baby version of whatever it's being based off of, while method 2 produces a more "beefy" version of the smaller vehicle. Personally, I prefer method 2, thus my interest in the HR-V.
Keep in mind that this image is just a speculation (pretty much a photoshopped Mazda2). We should see the real deal next month, but the design language of all the new Mazdas is similar.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Although it's just a speculative rendering, I think it could be very close to the real deal.
Overall mazda's design language from model to model seems easy to predict.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I can see Mazda's design language working really well for a vehicle of this type and size. They could have a real winner on their hands here. I'll definitely look into it as an option once it comes out.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I can see Mazda's design language working really well for a vehicle of this type and size. They could have a real winner on their hands here. I'll definitely look into it as an option once it comes out.
Yup, the rendering here is already a great example of that.

I'm sure out of all that it will compete with it will come out on top as the best looking model, or at least one of the top ones. It would also be a reason for me buying one over say an... HRV.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Mazda does have great styling right now, the Mazda 3 is easily one of my favorite looking small cars out now, whats Mazda's AWD system like?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Mazda does have great styling right now, the Mazda 3 is easily one of my favorite looking small cars out now, whats Mazda's AWD system like?
I like the new Mazda 3 wagon a lot, more than the sedan and more than the last mazda 3 wagon

·
Registered
68 Posts
Always liked the looks of the Mazda's, but under the impression that quality isn't at same level as Honda or Toyota. Or is it?

·
Registered
741 Posts
That's the thing, I have heard of people having more issues with their Mazda's than with Honda's or Toyota's. But I haven't been following Mazda too closely so for all I know they could have greatly improved. But the new Mazda 3 being a new model...there's no telling right now how good or bad it will be when it comes to quality.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Mazdas look great and I really only hear good tings about them, but what do we know about how a Mazda drives? Is it anything special or is it above or below average?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well Mazda singlehandedly delivered more information about the CX-3 than Honda has about the HR-V up until now. Hopefully Honda is going to release a lot more information today because Mazda is going to bring this to the market summer 2015. So the CX-3 is going to be available globally with either their Skyactiv-G 2.0 liter or Skyactiv-D 1.5 diesel. We won't get the diesel and we won't get a manual, only a 6-speed auto planned for the US. Same AWD system as the CX-5 that I should have some more firsthand knowledge of soon if we get some snow here. I found some external dimensions on a Japanese site. Will post some interior specs as soon as I find them.

L 4275 mm
W 1765 mm
H 1550 mm
wheelbase 2570 mm

·
Registered
807 Posts
I still don't understand how Mazda gets away with ABSOLUTELY NO front bumper ... what happens when a "by sound" parker parallel parks in front of you!?

P.S. More pictures over on autoblog.com ... doesn't look like much ground clearance to me (Mainers worry about such things.)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts