Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Mazda does make great cars so this will be a great competitor for the HR-V. Depending on when each model is actually up for sale, the CX-3 could overshadow the HR-V if Honda doesn't get it together.

What are the odds that the CX-3 will come out before the HR-V?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Always liked the design/ looks of the Mazda, but reliability is a huge factor in my purchasing decision. Some say they aren't at same level as Honda, others say they are just as good...

·
Registered
741 Posts
Just a concept but still really cool. But like many other concepts you can expect it to get toned down a lot.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Interesting that the Honda Fit isn't even listed on their charts. Though I guess that makes since because I don't think the Fit had a 2014 model year and this survey was for "new cars".

Good post!

·
Registered
807 Posts
It looks great but really not that much different from a Rogue.
Surely you are not saying that the Kicks is not "that much different from the Rogue?"

Maybe not that much different than the upcoming Murano, but much different than the Rogue, IMO.

As I said, I likes the Kicks ... but SHE says she likes the Vezel/HR-V.

I've heard other ladies of the same opinion ...

So is the HR-V really a chick car?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Oops ... politically incorrect phraseology.

I'm not "worried" ... and if it's a false/invalid/moot or whatever distinction for you, please ignore the query.

·
Registered
389 Posts
We have both the 2014 Mazda CX-5, and the 2015 Honda Fit. My wife likes the Mazda and my daughter drives the Fit. I like Honda (I drive our 2007 Honda Odyssey), but I don't like "falling into" and "climbing out of" the Fit. I did that for 6 years with our original 2008 Fit. That is why I am looking forward to the HR-V. 4 inches higher, and a Fit on steroids.

Mazda is ok however, but I like Honda better as a company.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Oops ... politically incorrect phraseology.

I'm not "worried" ... and if it's a false/invalid/moot or whatever distinction for you, please ignore the query.
I understand what you were getting at. THe Mazda 3 is not a chicks car but its bought disproportionately by women. So Chicks car ;)

could argue the CRV is a chicks car as well...

·
Registered
850 Posts
Why even worry if the HR-V/Vezel is a "chick car"?
The HRV is all set up to be called a "chick car" by your truck driving friends, starting with it's name. You won't pass the first week without someone referring to it as "Her Vehicle", or something similar I'm betting. But, what defines a chick car?

Well I've been guilty of driving several, and enjoying the heck out of them. First, they tend to be smaller, sporty cars with smaller high revving engines that get good gas mileage and are fun to drive, as long as you stay within their power band. They are 'cute' in design that tends to stay current even after many years.

Cases in point my first new car and my current car; a 1985 Prelude and a 1996 BMW z3. Both for this bill and even today when I drive the 18 year old z3, people still give it a thumbs up from their trucks, SUVs, luxury cars, etc.

So, bottom line, let it be called a "chick car".

·
Registered
807 Posts
My notion of a "chick car" would include: under-powered, over-styled, very curvy ... cute.
In the current socio-political environment however, it's probably more of a distraction than a useful characterization :laugh:

·
Registered
807 Posts
My notion of a "chick car" would include: under-powered, over-styled, very curvy ... cute.
In the current socio-political environment however, it's probably more of a distraction than a useful characterization :laugh:
EDIT: On second thought, maybe a "chick car" is one my wife likes and I don't. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts