Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been going through all the recent pictures Honda has put out on the HRV and they all seem to be in Modern Steel; most recently the famous Selfie announcement. Granted at the auto shows they have been using the blue which is typical for auto shows to get peoples attention, notice the bright green used for the Civic Concept.

I was debating on several colors, but definitely going with the Modern Steel. Typically each automaker advertises with the color of the vehicle that works best, not just using the same color for all vehicle announcements. For example, the Civic may work better in lighter colors, but the HRV appears to work best in darker colors, even in person, given the specific design of the HRV.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Would be interested in hearing from others going with this color. Funny thing demand will likely only increase when it's introduced as many have yet to even hear about the HRV so anyone thinking of waiting it will like be sometime.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Would be interested in hearing from others going with this color. Funny thing demand will likely only increase when it's introduced as many have yet to even hear about the HRV so anyone thinking of waiting it will like be sometime.
We have an EX-L w/nav. ordered in Modern Steel. Depending on the pricing I am very seriously considering optioning it up like the picture on the home page. This includes the lower side dressing, front and rear skid plates and the optional wheels. Expect these options to add about $2,000. The original factory rims would be used for a set of winter tires.

The HRV at the Toronto show was an EX-L in Modern Steel and it was a knock-out.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Sounds like a nice loaded vehicle. Was hoping they had that color when I had visited Philly and went to the auto show there.

http://www.hrvforum.com/forum/289-honda-hr-v-general-discussion/4473-modern-steel-white-hrv.html

We have an EX-L w/nav. ordered in Modern Steel. Depending on the pricing I am very seriously considering optioning it up like the picture on the home page. This includes the lower side dressing, front and rear skid plates and the optional wheels. Expect these options to add about $2,000. The original factory rims would be used for a set of winter tires.

The HRV at the Toronto show was an EX-L in Modern Steel and it was a knock-out.

·
Registered
371 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good luck with that, there's only about $400 ish in markup on these cars.

Markup is one thing, but there are other things that can lower the price one has to pay. Holdbacks for one. There are met quotas that will give a dealer a huge kick back. That gives a dealer a lot of room to sell real cheap in order to make sure he meets that quota. I have no way of knowing if the dealer is in this position or not, but I have guessed he was and stuck with my low out the door offer without wavier. If you have a 5 or 6 year old great trade-in vehicle the dealer knows you don't really need his vehicle and you might just be happy enough with it to keep it or go elsewhere to trade it. Using this method I paid way under invoice price for a 2014 CR-V. There are other things that affect how good a deal one could get. Again, having a clean and popular vehicle to trade in is a big plus. Dealers know there are plenty of folks who cannot afford a new vehicle, but want one that looks new and is within their price range. Bring in a well maintained nice looking trade-in and the dealers will see that as a quick sell at a nice profit. They will give you more than the book value and sell it even higher to people who don't have the best of credit or the means to buy new. I like to buy late in the month and make an out the door offer that seems impossible, but is not impossible if one or more of the above situations exist.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
What is interesting is it looks like there has been little markup for a new model.
What we are seeing with some dealers is accessory loading, but not market markup.

What may be happening is dealers are pushing them out as fast as they can so Honda will reward them with more stock , sooner. Or maybe, at least in Phoenix, there are many dealers to choose from resulting in healthy competition.

·
Registered
402 Posts

Markup is one thing, but there are other things that can lower the price one has to pay. Holdbacks for one. There are met quotas that will give a dealer a huge kick back. That gives a dealer a lot of room to sell real cheap in order to make sure he meets that quota. I have no way of knowing if the dealer is in this position or not, but I have guessed he was and stuck with my low out the door offer without wavier. If you have a 5 or 6 year old great trade-in vehicle the dealer knows you don't really need his vehicle and you might just be happy enough with it to keep it or go elsewhere to trade it. Using this method I paid way under invoice price for a 2014 CR-V. There are other things that affect how good a deal one could get. Again, having a clean and popular vehicle to trade in is a big plus. Dealers know there are plenty of folks who cannot afford a new vehicle, but want one that looks new and is within their price range. Bring in a well maintained nice looking trade-in and the dealers will see that as a quick sell at a nice profit. They will give you more than the book value and sell it even higher to people who don't have the best of credit or the means to buy new. I like to buy late in the month and make an out the door offer that seems impossible, but is not impossible if one or more of the above situations exist.
Excellent tips.

Right. A clean trade-in is huge leverage. I detail the heck out of my 2 and 3 year old trade-in before I show up at the dealer. If they can park it out front without putting any money in it, They know they can make far more off of it than the new cars they sell. Conversely if you present them with a 10 yr old dirty heap that they have to wholesale off somewhere, expect tougher bargaining.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts