Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is getting interesting. This is the picture from Montreal. It is trimmed like the Detroit version (minus the roof racks and side window visors) including the large chromed grill bar and honeycombed upper grill.
This make twice that we are seeing a trim never before shown. Is this a change for the US version? What level is this? The mystery continues.......

You can see more detail by visiting this site and clicking on the picture....
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150115005837/en/All-new-2016-Honda-HR-V-Crossover-Canadian-Debut#.VLgJcek5BMt

·
Registered
118 Posts
Bice - Remember what we saw in LA was not the production debut. We are now getting closer and closer. The Canadian and US versions are probably one in the same since they are built at the same plant in Mexico. Hopefully the next presser about the HR-V will show the production version and have prices, mpg and trim level details for us. Think back to the Fit. It was first Pressed at Detroit and then they had the production debut at NY. Similar but they must have more at stake here because there was no Fit website until the model was for sale. The HR-V seems to be a really big deal to Honda and hopefully they get it right!

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Bice - Remember what we saw in LA was not the production debut. We are now getting closer and closer. The Canadian and US versions are probably one in the same since they are built at the same plant in Mexico. Hopefully the next presser about the HR-V will show the production version and have prices, mpg and trim level details for us. Think back to the Fit. It was first Pressed at Detroit and then they had the production debut at NY. Similar but they must have more at stake here because there was no Fit website until the model was for sale. The HR-V seems to be a really big deal to Honda and hopefully they get it right!
Hi shu,
I guess I am not sure what a "production debut" is. Did they say it wasn't the production version in LA? Seems someone from Honda or the wide coverage in the press would have called it a "prototype" , "proposal", "concept", or something similar. Plus there is a lot of official footage elsewhere like what we saw in LA. ( http://automobiles.honda.com/hr-v/#news. ) They have had a lot of pre-production models floating around, if that is the case.
Also the Fit was "pressed" later than the HR-V.

I have a couple of guesses of what may be going on. This Detroit/Montreal version is a trim level we have not seen before and could be the EX-L.

Second, and closer to your scenario, they could have heard feedback from people and made changes to fix criticism. Bolstering your scenario is that in all the photos from Honda, trim levels were seldom referenced.

I remember thinking when I first saw the HR-V that I thought there were too many grill patterns. Could others have said the same thing and the main grill was changed to match the lower grill?

It is all mysterious and fascinating to me. I would just love to be a "fly on the all" during these Honda meetings to follow their train of thought.

P.S.....as Dermochelys said on another thread. The different grill could just be the "sport grill" accessory as featured on other Honda's, not an indication of trim level.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
After more thought and studying the pictures from Detroit and Montreal, I think what I am seeing is a model with Honda accessories. In other words, what we saw in LA is sale ready.

I am just hoping I can get those wheels put on an LX! I really, really like them. In a 16" version would be just fine. :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
as nice as it would be to get some better looking wheels from the factory, for the most part what honda has looks OKAY.
if you're really picky about your wheels, going aftermarket might be something to consider.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Bice - I'm just trying to compare what they did with the Fit. The North American début was Detroit with limited info and then they débuted the production model in NY with all the facts and figures. The cars in Detroit are almost twins so my guess is that they may have rolled off the real production line.

I took a quick look at the CRV and the roof rails are standard on the EX-L. The running board are an option. Didn't look for the grill.

Any way - I'm excited and I hope to God that we know more in Chicago!

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a video on youtube lifted from the official Honda website.

It shows an AWD EXL (4:37) as the only one of the three that has roof rails. The other two cars on the video are the AWD EX (8:47) and the LX, which starts the video. So that backs up your comparison to the CR-V.

I am inclined to believe these are the cars we will get, being we are getting this directly from Honda.
Could they make changes? You bet. I just don't imagine they will be much different and I think these are the production cars we are looking at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5nhQHmGr5U

I too am very anxious for more info.....just that I am thinking it may be even longer than I originally hoped.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as nice as it would be to get some better looking wheels from the factory, for the most part what honda has looks OKAY.
if you're really picky about your wheels, going aftermarket might be something to consider.
I like the stock wheels pretty well myself. But when I saw these, it got me to thinking....hmmmmm

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am so surprised that the HR-V is being shown at the Montreal Auto Show. Last week I spoke with someone from customer service at Honda Canada and asked if the HR-V would be shown at the auto show. I was told that it would NOT be. It seems that many people at different levels at Honda are being kept in the dark concerning this new vehicle.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I am so surprised that the HR-V is being shown at the Montreal Auto Show. Last week I spoke with someone from customer service at Honda Canada and asked if the HR-V would be shown at the auto show. I was told that it would NOT be. It seems that many people at different levels at Honda are being kept in the dark concerning this new vehicle.
Or the decision was not made by Honda Canada but Honda proper...??

·
Registered
620 Posts
It does sound like different parts of Honda are not all on the same page regarding this model. There is a lot of confusion about it, but I'm sure they will make a definitive statement once the people with real power have made their decision.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
shu,
You would find this link interesting. It is about mpg, but it mentions the Detroit version as being "production". I don't know that I trust any of these articles, but that is an interesting assertion.
http://blog.caranddriver.com/2016-honda-hr-v-epa-estimates-released-fit-based-suv-is-not-quite-fit-efficient/

·
Registered
31 Posts
I went to the Mtl autoshow. Saw the Fiat 500X, Honda HR-V and Mazda CX-3, (though I just purchased a 2015 Juke, waitng for pick-up next week).

The 500X was nice, could not get to see the interior well enough. I have to admit though, the CX-3 was very very nice and the interior was great, by far no.1 for me in styling. I think she'll be super hot, but the AWD system is not one I know of in terms of getting the job done in rough winter conditions. Apparently, it sort of a "on demand" system to save fuel etc... not a fan of those personally.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts