Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Vendor
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are 2 weeks into the HR-V release and you can probably guess which accessories are most popular. Protection items, protection items, protection items.

Top 5 Honda Accessories
1. Splash Guards
2. All Season Floor Mats
3. Cargo Tray
4. Rear Seat Covers
5. Body Side Moldings

Attachments

·
Registered
751 Posts
Can anyone that's seen them comment on the coverage of the body side moldings (I'm assuming that's the colour-matched soft door bumper strips)?

It's hard to tell from pictures, but do they extend out further than any other part of the door (except mirrors)? In other words, if you push a vertical-sided cart into the door, would it hit the moldings first?

Also, if you opened the front door into a wall, would the molding hit before any other part of the door edge?

Thanks...

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Vendor
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can anyone that's seen them comment on the coverage of the body side moldings (I'm assuming that's the colour-matched soft door bumper strips)?

It's hard to tell from pictures, but do they extend out further than any other part of the door (except mirrors)? In other words, if you push a vertical-sided cart into the door, would it hit the moldings first?

Also, if you opened the front door into a wall, would the molding hit before any other part of the door edge?

Thanks...
I personally can't comment just yet but as soon as we get some installed I will.

·
Vendor
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone planning to wait for Weather Tech mats instead of getting OEM mats?
I'm going to get a set of Aries liners. I've owned both and although the WeatherTechs can't be beat on quality they are not very attractive. The Aries liners are not as heavy duty but they look awesome. Notice the vehicle in the promotional video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZRNFZucvgc

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm going to get a set of Aries liners. I've owned both and although the WeatherTechs can't be beat on quality they are not very attractive. The Aries liners are not as heavy duty but they look awesome. Notice the vehicle in the promotional video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZRNFZucvgc
Can't wait for these, Never heard of it before. I was going to order WT's Mats but if Aries 3D Mats are available then I will for sure go with these stylish fittings.

Reactions: Vanguard

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nvm, Couldnt wait. Had to get WT's Mats for now and will be on the look out for Aries 3D Floor Lining when it is out.. Tried searching accessories for Honda Vezel but didn't quite find the floor linings I wanted... Guess I will have to go with the bulky WT's mats for now... Itll be good for winter atleast.

Anyone with EX or EX-L know how their remote starts work with the push button ignition? Will it interfere with keyless entry when approaching the car? Please let me know! thank you!!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Weather Tech makes a great product. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with them. I usually only use them during the winter though. During the summer months I use the stock mats.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Weather Tech makes a great product. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with them. I usually only use them during the winter though. During the summer months I use the stock mats.
Yep, I agree they are perfect mats for winter in USA MN, but I do however like the Aries 3D mats for summer. Stock mats are great, but I like to keep things stock if and whenever I do decide to get rid of the HR-V .. but I am enjoying it too much to ever think that.

Reactions: Vanguard

·
Registered
235 Posts
I actually ordered the WeatherTech mats to help with sand and mud. The ones that came with the car are already covered. Except for this past winter when we had more than our share of ice, we don't have to worry much about that in Texas.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Splash guards so far. Cargo cover and 'bed line' for when they arrive at the dealer. WeatherTech for the floor mats.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Can't wait for these, Never heard of it before. I was going to order WT's Mats but if Aries 3D Mats are available then I will for sure go with these stylish fittings.
I have Aries in my car and LOVE them, the best mats I have ever had actually in any vehicle. I have already ordered weathertech fronts for the HR-V but I'm not sure when they will arrive.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A suggestion for those who have not purchased or have not taken delivery of a HRV. Do NOT order the cargo tray with your vehicle. If you order the HRV with the cargo tray, or if you see the cargo tray listed as an installed accessory, ask to have the cargo tray deleted. The dealer wanted to charge me $140.00 for the cargo tray, installed. Take delivery of the HRV, and immediately go to the dealer's parts department and purchase the cargo tray over-the-counter. The dealer wanted to charge me $30.00 to remove the cargo tray from an oversize plastic bag and place it onto the 'trunk' floor.

·
Registered
389 Posts
$80.00 on College Hills dot com, for the cargo tray. No sales tax but shipping. If you order several items at the same time, shipping won't be bad, particularly when you compare your dealer prices.

Whatever you do, don't finance you floor mats! Pay cash!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just want to thank College Hills Honda. I placed an order yesterday and already have a tracking number. My package should be here in 2 days. Thanks for the fast service!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts