Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 2019 hrv sport with raised roof rails that came with the vehicle , I assume they’re OEM rails . When I went to mount my roof rack to rails , I found eight holes for mounting but all eight holes are not threaded . am I missing something or do I have a faulty rail system ?

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
292 Posts
I'll assume for a moment, you're not a one-hit-wonder.

The 2019 HR-V (with rails) officially uses a specific rack/crossbar system that only mounts to holes in the inner SIDE of the rails.

They are NOT threaded as the official crossbar mount uses PINS for those holes.

If you have the official crossbar, then you should've noticed that the brackets only have two holes along with two pins each, instead of four holes (if it were to screw into the rail).

If you have an aftermarket rack/bar, then I can't help you as they vary quite a bit. I would go with a simple clamp based one in that case.

·
Registered
4 Posts

The 2019 HR-V (with rails) officially uses a specific rack/crossbar system that only mounts to holes in the inner SIDE of the rails.

If you have the official crossbar, then you should've noticed that the brackets only have two holes along with two pins each, instead of four holes (if it were to screw into the rail).

If you have an aftermarket rack/bar, then I can't help you as they vary quite a bit. I would go with a simple clamp based one in that case.
I wouldn't mind the factory bars, they're not terrible looking. esp since they mount clean on the inside of the rails. but they're 2 to 3 times more expensive than any of these aftermarket rails, what do they expect people to do.
oh well.
has anyone used Brightlines rails? they look decent and make some for the herv

·
Registered
12 Posts

Ok I’ll bite... the musical reference, what is a “one hit wonder“ in regards to his question?

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
One hit wonders frustrate most veteran forum users. Because they don’t add anything to the site they just want their answer and don’t really contribute back to the overall forum members. We all put up with it because it’s necessary, but sometimes it can be frustrating when the answer is long and complex And you don’t even get a thank you and the guy disappears.

not saying this thread is a one hit wonder, just explaining what it means in forum vernacular.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glen-e so glad your a veteran ! And yes , Ian a one hit wonder , for now anyway . Besides aren’t these forums for finding information ? So sorry that I bothered you and your veteran status though I’ve never heard of such a thing . Anyway , thanks again !

·
Registered
292 Posts
Glen-e so glad your a veteran ! And yes , Ian a one hit wonder , for now anyway . Besides aren’t these forums for finding information ? So sorry that I bothered you and your veteran status though I’ve never heard of such a thing . Anyway , thanks again !
When I say "one-hit-wonder," on the forum, I mean the folks that quite literally post once and then leave. Usually, according to the member's statistic, their "last seen" stat is immediately after their post... and not after getting an actual answer. So, unless they came back without logging in, they never got their answer. A network admin might know that, if there's IP logging set up.

Sometimes, I wonder if they're here just to cause trouble.

Original Poster, meaning the person that started the thread. I think TC for topic/thread creator is probably better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought crossbars from HondaPartsNow. They are supposed to be genuine Honda Crossbars, but the front bar was so torqued (maybe 10 degrees out from square) that I had to employ my body-builder son to get the bolts in. Ugh.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I bought crossbars from HondaPartsNow. They are supposed to be genuine Honda Crossbars, but the front bar was so torqued (maybe 10 degrees out from square) that I had to employ my body-builder son to get the bolts in. Ugh.
Are you sure you didn't cross-thread them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I looked more carefully at the front crossbar after removing it last night. The crossbar came PREASSEMBLED with stays already attached. Upon closer inspection, the front left stay is properly marked FR-L. The front right stay, however, is stamped RR-R. I’m hoping that HondaPartsNow makes good by sending the correct stay (FR-R) or crossbar with the correct stays. You can see how off this is when sitting on a flat surface. 8723A87F-DB7E-4263-B803-8B4F936247FC.jpeg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts