Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a disturbing post here the other night - a new owner said they were only getting 22 MPG ...use this thread and report your calculated MPG ? This may be the deal breaker for me if 30+ isn't a reality .

Example :

EX 2WD CVT- 22 mpg 30 % city - 70% highway
EXL AWD - 21 mpg 50 % city - 50% highway
LX MAN6 - 23 mpg 30 % city - 70% highway

·
Registered
44 Posts
I read a disturbing post here the other night - a new owner said they were only getting 22 MPG ...use this thread and report your calculated MPG ? This may be the deal breaker for me if 30+ isn't a reality .

Example :

EX 2WD CVT- 22 mpg 30 % city - 70% highway
EXL AWD - 21 mpg 50 % city - 50% highway
LX MAN6 - 23 mpg 30 % city - 70% highway
When u get a new vehicle, u need to break -in the engine for the FIRST 500-1,000 miles. Don't EXPECT the EPA numbers till at least after the break-in period if your lucky! mY 09 Subar Legacy gets 25-27 MPG, which is the range for city driving,WITHOUT using air conditioning. My wife's 15 Honda CR-V is getting the same MPG as her 07 HOnda CR-V. she has 4,000 miles on it so far. She is getting around 20-22 MPG in city driving.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I haven't had a new car in 13 years. Does anyone know just how accurate those in-car live consumption displays really are? Have there been any independent tests / articles? I can imagine there's a certain incentive for the automakers to make them somewhat optimistic... presumably there's some regulation as well to protect the gullible public?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I haven't had a new car in 13 years. Does anyone know just how accurate those in-car live consumption displays really are? Have there been any independent tests / articles? I can imagine there's a certain incentive for the automakers to make them somewhat optimistic... presumably there's some regulation as well to protect the gullible public?
Mine hass been withinn a couple of tenths

·
Registered
262 Posts
My friend has a 2013 Civic Si and his reads about 1.5-2 mpg more than he calculates using Fuelly.

My 2011 CR-Z is pretty accurate, but usually 0.1-0.5 BELOW what I calculate on Fuelly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Put your mind at ease. Drive in eco mode and drive sensibly and you will get your 30+ average. I have had my hrv 4.5 days now and I am obtaining about 30 mpg mixed. i anticipate it will bet better after a little break in. So i am happy coming out of a crv and fit before my hrv. If you drive the manual well you know you can't hot rod and maintain the 30 mpg but drive it sensibly and I bet you could beat the cvt average in the manual. If you don't mind driving 58 on the highway i bet the cvt will blow your mind!

·
Registered
45 Posts
:nerd:
fwd? Awd?
i have the cvt awd and drive in eco and drive with a light foot. highway i drive 65. in town i drive about 4 over the limit.

I should include that i live in iowa in a city of about 90,000 and we do not have traffic jams here at all.
can get anywhere in the city in under 30 minutes.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I took a road trip this weekend with my LX 2WD CVT. On the 5 interstate from San Diego, through LA, over the mountains, and into the central valley (an hour north of Bakersfield). 3 passengers in with me. 300 miles up, 300 miles coming back.

I got 37.5 mpg going up, smooth ride all the way, driving 65 miles per hour. Returning, I got 39.6 mpg in ECO mode, air conditioning on the first hour, some stop and go traffic in LA, 70 miles per hour otherwise.

What I really want to do though is compare the mpg over a typical work week for me, which will be a while since I'm currently on vacation. I get 32 mpg as such with my 2013 FIT, with about 70% of it being freeway driving. I'm hoping it will be the same with my HR-V.

1 - 20 of 207 Posts