Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,234 Posts
@Dammit I must confess, kilometres confuses the crap out of me. We use mm, cm, m, and once we get past a few 100m we revert to miles.

Same goes with drinks, we buy our milk and soft drinks in ml & litres, but buy our beer in pints and spirits in half or quarter gills - Imperial Gill = 142 millilitres.

It's a Brit Thing!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
The reason we display or fuel in litres is due to EU regulations. It's the same reason why the 0-60mph times changed to 0-62mph as 62mph equates to 100kph.

It's also why our Speedo's display kph as well as mph. Yet mainland Europe registered vehicles don't have to display mph, for those that travel to the UK.

You missed out Cables and Shackles in your Nautical Measurements.

Lynx, Wildcat or Merlin, or all three?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Our Embarked Flight were using Lynx when I was still Serving, however, we have since introduced Wildcat, and they alternate between that and Merlin depending on tasking. I would not have been able to have taken a phot like this if we had Merlin embarked as the down draft is so powerful the FDO (Flight Deck Officer in white ovies) now have to operate within the hangar with the hanger door closed, or have the FDO secured to the deck to prevent them being blown over board.
Clothing Water Sky Vehicle Tire

The rotors are burning and turning in the phot!

Water Watercraft Boat Vehicle Naval architecture

The above Ship, HMS Norfolk, was the last RN Ship to have a wooden deck. She was subsequently sold to Chile in 2005, and is now the Almirante Cochrane.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts