Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really need to know the real world gas mileage everyone's getting. My plan is a EX-L two wheel drive but I am disappointed in that 35 mpg highway rating. Checked my 08 HHR this week and was at 34 mpg. Can't see spending $26,000 to gain 1 mpg. Hoping someone is getting better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would like to know real world MPG too. Its time for me to trade in my 2002 Civic Coupe that has been getting 32 MPG mixed driving (mostly highway). I think the MPG will be depending on driving habits and styles too.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Really need to know the real world gas mileage everyone's getting. My plan is a EX-L two wheel drive but I am disappointed in that 35 mpg highway rating. Checked my 08 HHR this week and was at 34 mpg. Can't see spending $26,000 to gain 1 mpg. Hoping someone is getting better.
It might not be an option for you, but last night I was reading a review of the VW Golf TDI which TFLCar.com was getting 50 mpg on the highway with and about 40 combined.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The lower than I expected mileage rating was one of the reasons I went for a CRV instead of an HRV, I suspect they will switch to the same engine the new Civic is getting next year and that should help mileage.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I love high-torque VW diesels, but you always have to temper those awesome mileage figures for an extra dollar a gallon for fuel and what you pay for the engine. You really need to compute MPD (miles per dollar), not MPG. Although in my new Miata, the calculation will be SPM (smiles per mile).

·
Registered
16 Posts
I love high-torque VW diesels, but you always have to temper those awesome mileage figures for an extra dollar a gallon for fuel and what you pay for the engine. You really need to compute MPD (miles per dollar), not MPG. Although in my new Miata, the calculation will be SPM (smiles per mile).
i too was a vdub diesel fan long ago. 40 mile each way commute made the old rabbit diesel a great option, and diesel was cheaper than gas back then.

unless the hrv totally wins me over in person next week, i will be waiting on the cx3 so i can look at it also. that gives me time to see what real world mpg is on the hrv. the fit gets better than rated mpg. hoping this is the case for the hrv also

·
Registered
751 Posts
Here in Canada we get the CX-3 next week, the HRV not until July. Interesting that it's the other way around in the states. I wonder if the two are intentionally avoiding simultaneous launches, or if it's all just distribution coincidence.

If I get a chance and I can get past the looks of the thing (I hold a minority opinion on the appeal of Kodo) and the lack of a manual (what were they thinking??) I might consider a test drive. If I do that, I'll post my impressions.

But no comparisons with the HRV possible, unless I manage to sneak across the border for a look.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
My new HR-V has not disappointed in mpg.

I"ve filled up twice since I bought it.
The first tank was mix city/highway 32.5 mpg
The second was only highway, and I got 43.3 mpg. (OK, I was drafting a little)

2WD CVT

Even though the specs show only a slight gain from the CR-V (27/34 mpg) to HR-V (28/35), the real world stats are showing a large improvement.

2016 Honda HR-V gets a combined average of 33.61 MPG
http://www.fuelly.com/car/honda/hr-v/2016

2015 Honda CR-V gets a combined average of 27.22 MPG
http://www.fuelly.com/car/honda/cr-v/2015

So the actual difference is over 5 mpg.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts