Honda HR-V Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
If the fog is accompanied with a sweet fragrance, there's a glycol leak in your climate box.
That was my thought as well, do you have to add coolant at all? I would strongly suggest having a dealer or shop take a look. Inside fogging that is difficult to clean can be a coolant leak into your heater core, which is not good for you
I’m not smelling anything and am familiar with that smell but it’s something to consider. I’ve read some threads here with people having that problem even brand new cars.

·
Registered
767 Posts
That is true . It has been that way for many many years. If you switch to the defrost mode you will have the A/C on..then just adjust the heat...
[/QU
Technically you don't need to turn the A/C on. For many years now turning on the heater in the car automatically turns on the compressor.
well if your car doesnt automatically do it - i would suggest you do as it works ! ( my 8th gen CIVIC could be programmed to shut off this 'AUTO-on' of the compressor)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I’m not smelling anything and am familiar with that smell but it’s something to consider. I’ve read some threads here with people having that problem even brand new cars.
Good for you!
Park in the shade when convenient. When your car is hot, let it ventilate before getting in-those gasses are not friendly.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Maybe it's the climate that I live in (deep South USA, hot humid) but the a/c cold defrost clears the glass, in fact it just did it in the rain when the car started fogging up on the inside.

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S
128 Posts
That was my thought as well, do you have to add coolant at all? I would strongly suggest having a dealer or shop take a look. Inside fogging that is difficult to clean can be a coolant leak into your heater core, which is not good for you

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Good for you!
Park in the shade when convenient. When your car is hot, let it ventilate before getting in-those gasses are not friendly.
Have you tried using clay bar on the inside of the windscreen to clear the gunk?
It has worked wonders on my windscreen, both inside & outside. (y)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Good for you!
Park in the shade when convenient. When your car is hot, let it ventilate before getting in-those gasses are not friendly. I
Maybe it's the climate that I live in (deep South USA, hot humid) but the a/c cold defrost clears the glass, in fact it just did it in the rain when the car started fogging up on the inside.
Defrost mode adds heat. Maybe there was fog on the outside and the glass temperature became equalized. These newer cars think safety first and it did what you wanted,and the best way to accomplish it. There are several sensors that send information to the climate module. There is one in front of you that looks like a bump on the dash close to the glass.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I had it on defrost and cold, there was no heat. The fog was on the inside, it was raining outside (wipers on). It’s an LX, no sensors or modules or anything. I got an LX on purpose because times before when I got the high end options, they begin it break or stop working after about 10 years and it’s expensive to fix.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Good for you!
Park in the shade when convenient. When your car is hot, let it ventilate before getting in-those gasses are not friendly. I

Defrost mode adds heat. Maybe there was fog on the outside and the glass temperature became equalized. These newer cars think safety first and it did what you wanted,and the best way to accomplish it. There are several sensors that send information to the climate module. There is one in front of you that looks like a bump on the dash close to the glass.
Defrost mode does not add heat unless you turn the knob to warmer. If you have auto climate it will only add heat to the temp you have selected...

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I have learned that one of the main problems, dealing with the inside, is that I have to find the exact sweet spot for the temperature and fan knobs to make the glass the correct conditions that it wants to be clear. I had become too used to the automatic Audi climate control in my previous car to do it for me.

I also think that I’ve found the culprit of the muck on the outside and it’s an oak tree nearby but still, as mentioned above, none of my other cars have ever had this problem although all have been parked in the same area of my property. Unfortunately, I don’t have a garage, it was turned into a “man cave” before I bought the house.

Lastly, it’s definitely time for some new wipers. I’m noticing it a lot this past week that they’re streaking a bit. Does anyone have any suggestions on a brand?

·
Administrator
1,927 Posts
Just replace the worn inserts. Get them from your dealer when you go there to talk about your odometer issue. Silicon wipers last a bit longer, but you have to replace the whole wipers every time they are worn. They don't have refills.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
I went in for an oil change at the dealership and had the wipers changed. I'm not happy at all. They're not OEM Honda. They don't have the rear to match. They charged me $5 to install them. I'll do it myself next time. He said if I wanted OEM Honda that I should have went to the parts department and ordered them along with babbling something about they'd have the rear too. Bogus. This dealership is huge, I was totally disappointed.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts