Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you're not going through AAA, Costco, or the like, then you're gonna' have to deal with the enemy.

OK, maybe they're not the enemy, and you don't have to sleep with 'em, but you do have to somehow get past the salesperson in order to get at what you want... the damned car!

I found Edmunds' Confessions of a Car Salesman to be a real eye-opener into the psyche, the ego, the face involved in the second-largest purchase most of us ever make.

In the end, you may find it easier to pay a little more than the absolute minimum, know that you haven't been screwed, and go through Costco or AAA, etc. You will probably save time, and maybe even your own ego :)

Now the problem is to get the dealer to let you try out the vehicle, when you have no intention of buying from them ... suddenly we become the villain in the process, ayuh!

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you're not going through AAA, Costco, or the like, then you're gonna' have to deal with the enemy.

OK, maybe they're not the enemy, and you don't have to sleep with 'em, but you do have to somehow get past the salesperson in order to get at what you want... the damned car!

I found Edmunds' Confessions of a Car Salesman to be a real eye-opener into the psyche, the ego, the face involved in the second-largest purchase most of us ever make.

In the end, you may find it easier to pay a little more than the absolute minimum, know that you haven't been screwed, and go through Costco or AAA, etc. You will probably save time, and maybe even your own ego :)

Now the problem is to get the dealer to let you try out the vehicle, when you have no intention of buying from them ... suddenly we become the villain in the process, ayuh!
I have read this before. It's long, but well worth the read! I am now the best at walking out of a dealership and having them follow, call me, etc. until I get the deal I want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.