Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I bought the hr-v and drove it tonight for about 150 miles. It is a green ex model. So far I got 30 mpg. I am 6'4" and very comfortable in it. Very happy with the car. Radio works great. Lots of options to sync with phone. The air controls are awesome. Love the auto function of the air. The road noise is not bad at all. Personally it has plenty of power. Fast take offs kill gas. The only thing I don't like is at top of driver window where put my elbow is the cloth. Tad scratchy but may get better with time. Like black interior. I had to find something I didn't like. All did was change position.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fwd. Actually no problems on highway. On lag on engine is if you are a fast take off person at red light. If just ease into it its fine but try to stomp it don't do much. But I use to a civic so I go easy.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Ooh... I'm green now, with jealousy. Green EX (6MT) is what I wanted; unfortunately we won't get that combo in Canada.

Cheers, enjoy, and stop back from time to time, let us know your impressions as you get to know your car better!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Fwd. Actually no problems on highway. On lag on engine is if you are a fast take off person at red light. If just ease into it its fine but try to stomp it don't do much. But I use to a civic so I go easy.
Thanks. I've since test driven and can pretty much agree with what you've found.
While I do love jackrabbit starts I can live with what the HR-V offers. ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually not bad at all. Think it was 50 decibels according to a app on phone. Old car was 72. Honestly don't hear much. Radio at 10 to 15 nothing at all. I went long time in silence and loved it

·
Registered
402 Posts
50 db is more like Rolls Royce levels A more reasonable level of expectation (depending on wind speed and direction as well as pavement texture) in this class of vehicle is around 68-71 at cruise and 75 to 80 under full throttle. Lower end of that range would fit most folks definition of quiet, the upper end noisier than normal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts