Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really like the modern steel metallic color. I think it will look sharp for a long time. I only got a couple accessories- mud guards and a tray liner for the back. (Seems like one other accessory but can’t remember). Wish I had gotten them to throw in all weather floor mats because my heel tends to dig a hole in the carpet mats.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I really like the modern steel metallic color. I think it will look sharp for a long time. I only got a couple accessories- mud guards and a tray liner for the back. (Seems like one other accessory but can’t remember). Wish I had gotten them to throw in all weather floor mats because my heel tends to dig a hole in the carpet mats.
I got the WeatherTech floor mats for front and back. Can’t go wrong with WeatherTech.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have genuine Honda floor mats that my dealer threw in...they look perfect to me. I looked up the price, and they are $95 vs $208 for the Weather Tecs.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I had WeatherTech floor liners in the front of my Honda Fit & kept the Honda mats in the rear because I liked the coverage better. (they covered more area under the seats). My Weather techs ended up sliding around, (even though they were latched in) so I got Husky mats for the front of my HR-V- (Husky mats have little spikes for traction to stay in place). My Honda Fit rubber mats also work in my HR-V so I use them.
Both Weather Tech and Husky seem to have better coverage in the front with higher sides to keep out snow, mud, etc. I think the rubber Honda mats are pretty good in the back since I do not have many rear passengers. Weather Tech might have better traction on the bottom now than the ones I bought in 2010.

·
Registered
521 Posts
  • Husky is making a better Mat than weathertech these days, acc to a few other car boards I read, they don’t shift around and have higher sides. I’m fortunate living in Florida that I don’t winter crap in my car, so therefore I use the best carpet mat available: the Lloyd’s Ultimat with the HRV logos.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ordered the Honda all weather mats off Amazon. (A lot cheaper priced than the dealer). My main issue is the heel grinding action that wears out the carpet mats. Here in Georgia, not much snow or ice, so I think these mats should do the trick.

·
Registered
767 Posts
  • I’m fortunate living in Florida that I don’t winter crap in my car,
That winter crap is called snow and ice and it is wonderful to play in. And living in Colorado I get to see all 4 seasons, but none to extreme. Let's both go outside and play a round of golf mid day in July my friend and see who has better weather! ;-)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Ha! It’s crap in the north east and certainly not a “winter playground”....it’s salt, cinders and dirt in downtown philly....and plays hell with a car’s paint. Grew up there, not interested in going back....

Actually due the gulf stream I’d rather play golf here in July… It’s cooler…
Seach climate temp by month and you get:
Denver: 92/61
Fort laud: 90/76

The interior of Florida, much like California is terrible, it will bake you, but not the south east coast…

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would NOT buy the Honda all-season floor mats. They are shaped to fit the shape of the floorboards, but weirdly enough not the contour of the surfaces they rest on (some spots float above your carpeting instead of resting on it). The big issue for me, is that the front passenger floor mats slide back into the footwell and leave exposed the front 2-3 inches nearest the seat. That area of my carpeting now looks like total crap compared to the rest.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Put in my Honda all season floor mats a few days ago. I think the only issue will be that front passenger mat. (I was warned about this problem) I noticed it did slide up a bit on our trip to the mountains. I wish Honda would put a fastener on it like they do the driver side. Wouldn’t cost much but would make a huge difference.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I wish Honda would put a fastener on it like they do the driver side. Wouldn’t cost much but would make a huge difference.
Honda, and other manufacturers, put those retainers on after the issues with floor mats causing unintended acceleration by getting jammed up against the gas pedal. It wasn't a cost issue, it was a safety/liability issue. No liability on the passenger side. I expect they do provide the same feature in right hand drive vehicles, so the mounting point is there.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts