Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have never seen an HR-V with passenger side fasteners. They are there to keep the drivers side mats from sliding and interferring with the gas or brake petals. That is never a problem with cars in America. Is yours a US model?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have never seen an HR-V with passenger side fasteners. They are there to keep the drivers side mats from sliding and interferring with the gas or brake petals. That is never a problem with cars in America. Is yours a US model?
The HR-V doesn't have the fastener , but the Husky mat has a little screw that goes into the floor to secure it.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
In addition to the passenger side riding up, I have huge salt stains on the driver's side because the mats don't go up the sides of the well like aftermarket mats do. If they didn't come with the car I would not have purchased them.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The weather tech ones I got are awesome. The rear one covers the entire back area in one piece. It totally covers the questionable “carpet” back there to the point where I don’t even think about it anymore.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I hate the Honda floor mats. The passenger front mat is the worst. It slides up and does not protect. Oh well, I was warned... I will be getting Husky or Weathertech for the front and leave the Honda mats in the back since nobody sits in the back anyway.

·
Registered
521 Posts
All the mats that come standard in cars these days that are under $50,000, are lousy mats. I’ve never seen a good set. It’s something the manufacturers think they have to put in there because you’re checking boxes on your purchase list but they’re all flimsy, and the manufacturer really wants you to buy their upgraded mats which are sold in the accessory section. When I was with BMWNA, I was in a meeting where an upgrade in mats was talked about for the new 3 series, and it was shot down because it would interfere with their accessory sales.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts