Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister is at her dealer, Coggin Honda in St. Augustine, test driving an EX-L. They got a bunch in today -- blue, white and gray. She's in love!! :):)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What did she end up with?
She ended up with nothing so far -- they wanted $28,000 plus her car and they didn't have the mulberry and aren't allocated any as far as they know. She's looking at a Nissan Rogue this afternoon, but I have a feeling she'll be back to the Honda dealer eventually.

·
Registered
402 Posts
She ended up with nothing so far -- they wanted $28,000 plus her car and they didn't have the mulberry and aren't allocated any as far as they know. She's looking at a Nissan Rogue this afternoon, but I have a feeling she'll be back to the Honda dealer eventually.
Sounds like a dealer with an attitude. Would it not be best to try the next closer Honda dealer?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She'll only buy locally because of service. It's a small town, she's pretty limited in what's available.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have found that any Honda dealer will gladly honor the warranty and that there is no justification to buy locally based upon expected service and support.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have found that any Honda dealer will gladly honor the warranty and that there is no justification to buy locally based upon expected service and support.
Very true. But she's not a car enthusiast by any means and as a small business owner, she prefers to shop in town. My problem is just the opposite: I can't stand any nearby dealers for service. I have great independent mechanics and if it wouldn't invalidate my warranty, I'd have them service a brand new car from day one.

·
Registered
402 Posts
My Mazda dealer is 40 miles away. I usually get the first oil change done at the dealer so they can address any delivery issues I have . Sometimes the first oil change is complimentary anyway . After that I have them done wherever, often doing them myself. saving all receipts. Never been an issue, but then I never had a warranty claim on an engine either.

·
Registered
738 Posts
My Mazda dealer is 40 miles away. I usually get the first oil change done at the dealer so they can address any delivery issues I have . Sometimes the first oil change is complimentary anyway . After that I have them done wherever, often doing them myself. saving all receipts. Never been an issue, but then I never had a warranty claim on an engine either.
That's actually a good thing to do, probably something more people should do just to have that extra level of initial care to their new vehicle.

·
Registered
632 Posts
From what I've read, most warranties allow for independent mechanics to do service.
I think by law, at least in California, as long as a mechanic does the work "by the book" with the right parts, you can have work done on your car anywhere and it won't void the warranty (like having the oil changed).

·
Registered
11 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------

If you don't mind me asking... what car was your sister trading in, and what were they offering her for it? Did she check out the book value for it based on condition etc. IMO, it's too soon to be dealing on a HR-V. I'm not in a hurry to throw away a ton of money just so I can get in this vehicle fast. If I have no leverage with a Dealer I don't play the fool and regret what I paid later after the hysteria weans down. If Honda doesn't meet it's projections on HR-V's for whatever reason (and this happens to a lot of first year offerings) then Honda's loss becomes your gain. And you won't have to bicker. Just go to True Car several weeks from now and see what the market value really is based on what others are paying.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts