Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My 17 year old son is getting his license this month. I went and looked at a used 2019 and loved the height and all the features. It’s very easy to get in and out of front and backseat. I was checking insurance on civic and this and a lot of other cars but this one was cheapest by 4 dollars. He is tall and the height was amazing. I would be buying a new 2022 ex. Do you all find that camera to be helpful just on the right side? I love my 2019 Honda CR-V with the blind spot warning on both sides so I am not sure if one side is as beneficial. I read 2023 will have both sides but warning light not cameras like the 2022.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I like the camera - at night its easier to see than in the mirror IMO - but also a bit to get to used to - esp if you just check quickly for a cyclist that maybe along you- you still need to check the mirror.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
The camera is one of my favorite features of the HRV. I find that I also use it in heavy traffic to check what is going on to enable me to change lanes more safely. Once you put on that turn signal, people will sometimes speed up to prevent you from making that change to the right lane. This allows you to 'peek' to see what is going on before you make that lane change.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hello,
My 17 year old son is getting his license this month. I went and looked at a used 2019 and loved the height and all the features. It’s very easy to get in and out of front and backseat. I was checking insurance on civic and this and a lot of other cars but this one was cheapest by 4 dollars. He is tall and the height was amazing. I would be buying a new 2022 ex. Do you all find that camera to be helpful just on the right side? I love my 2019 Honda CR-V with the blind spot warning on both sides so I am not sure if one side is as beneficial. I read 2023 will have both sides but warning light not cameras like the 2022.
I have a 2016 EX and bought it mainly for that height (5’9” with bad back, coming from a Dodge Neon), but I do wish it had cameras on both sides, although I make do…Love my HR-V.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts