Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mystery parts under the HR-V

Hi,

I saw the new 2016 HR-V which I liked at the Los Angeles Auto Show but I have a question: Can anyone please identify the parts that I saw under the body on the drivers side? I have attached a picture. No representative at the show could give me a definitive answer.

Thank you, kindly.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Oh, that's just a grab bar for stuntmen.

My wild guess it is something to do with the temporary power hookup for display and not actually part of the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I see a plug going from the floor to the car so I am thinking that it has something to do with that.

Thank you all for the great comments but I still think it might be something else in addition to the plug. It didn't look like it was attached to the wire and plug when I saw it in person. I'm just curious and it's probably not a big deal but I'd like to know what it is for sure because I'm seriously considering buying one of these in the future.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Thank you all for the great comments but I still think it might be something else in addition to the plug. It didn't look like it was attached to the wire and plug when I saw it in person. I'm just curious and it's probably not a big deal but I'd like to know what it is for sure because I'm seriously considering buying one of these in the future.
I don't know how you could find out for sure unless you ask someone that is going to the Detroit show to ask the same question there.

Hard to tell by the picture, but the forward end looks kind of sloppily attached which makes me think it is something temporary. Might just be something to help it be shipped perhaps?

·
Registered
807 Posts
I don't know how you could find out for sure unless you ask someone that is going to the Detroit show to ask the same question there.

Hard to tell by the picture, but the forward end looks kind of sloppily attached which makes me think it is something temporary. Might just be something to help it be shipped perhaps?
Clearly it's the Vezel to Earth left front tire inflator ... there have been terrible problems with left front tire leakage ... if you stare at the tire long enogh you can see it slowly inflate.

No? Then you need to stare at it a little longer.

Reactions: Red

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Clearly it's the Vezel to Earth left front tire inflator ... there have been terrible problems with left front tire leakage ... if you stare at the tire long enogh you can see it slowly inflate.

No? Then you need to stare at it a little longer.

That must be it. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts