Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed the tires for the first time since 2015. Went bigger to absorb potholes easier and a more cushy ride. No rubbing 馃憤
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Registered
Those look way better than the stock HRV tires but they are a little too tall.

2.2" greater diameter than the original 215/55R17 tires.
That is a huge amount that will affect performance, fuel economy and your speedometer and odometer are now off.

I would have recommend 225/55R17 tires. Just slightly wider and slightly taller than the stock tires.

Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD

That is a huge amount that will affect performance, fuel economy and your speedometer and odometer are now off.

I would have recommend 225/55R17 tires. Just slightly wider and taller than the stock tires.
Yes, it is an absolutely huge amount to increase. Will put extra strain on the CVT, will hugely impact fuel economy. Will be slower to accelerate, sloppy in corners, and more likely to roll over on the sidewall.

And the speed difference... OMFG

That's plenty enough to get a ticket.

Reactions: CalgaryHRV

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I would have recommend 225/55R17 tires. Just slightly wider and slightly taller than the stock tires.
Yup, fully aware 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it is an absolutely huge amount to increase. Will put extra strain on the CVT, will hugely impact fuel economy. Will be slower to accelerate, sloppy in corners, and more likely to roll over on the sidewall.

And the speed difference... OMFG

That's plenty enough to get a ticket.
Yup fully aware 馃憤

Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
There is an option on some models to set two speed limit alerts. If you have satnav, or are happy with the accuracy of the speed settings on Google maps you could set them via that. Speedo says XXmph, actual speed is XXmph.

This function was also available on my previous vehicle and I made good use of this when I switched from 16" Cold Weather Tyres on steelies to generic tyres on 17" OEM alloys. At 70mph, I was roughly 4mph or so out, at 30mph it was around 2mph. The only issue I had was in remembering to reset and activate it after each swap over.

Something that may apply to you if you live somewhere that snows, you may find your wheel arches start to get blocked with compacted snow as there is not the space for it to get flung from the tyre. Until I swapped over to the 16" steelies I would regularly have to break up the now frozen (ice) snow from the wheel arches. This did not seem to be an issue with the smaller wheel set up.

Wheel Tire Snow Car Vehicle

I no longer swap over from cold to summer tyres, and have fitted a more winter biased All Season Tyre to my HR-V. As my HR-V is FWD only (the above vehicle was AWD), I try to avoid driving in the snow, so I have yet to establish if the HR-V with 17" tyres is as susceptible to snow compacting in the wheel arches as my previous vehicle was.

Registered
You should immediately fall to your knees and beg forgiveness of people you'll never meet for doing something you wanted to your vehicle.

Or you can ignore them and live a happier and more fulfilled life.

I'm surprised they don't rub backing up and turning etc mine are slightly smaller and do.

I wish Conti made that size in off-road tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts