Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
It does look good. Is there a muffler? Is the exhaust resonator under the passenger door still in place?

·
Registered
2019 Honda HRV Sport AWD
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does look good. Is there a muffler? Is the exhaust resonator under the passenger door still in place?
I used to have the N1 straight through muffler, aka fart can but I just straight piped it resonator back. I was going to take the res off but decided not to since it is my daily and didn’t want to be too obnoxious but it sounds really deep and I accidentally get some pops and bangs on accident so that’s fun I guess.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HRV Sport AWD
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2019 Honda HRV Sport AWD
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks nice! Although the wheels are kinda meh but you get nice add ons like leather seats, power seats and leds which my sport doesnt get. The black is nice but I wish I wouldve gotten the blue.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That looks nice! Although the wheels are kinda meh but you get nice add ons like leather seats, power seats and leds which my sport doesnt get. The black is nice but I wish I wouldve gotten the blue.
I really like the blue, but I can't find any deals. Those seem to fly off of the lot. Definitely don't love the wheels but none of the stock ones look good.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HRV Sport AWD
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
w
I really like the blue, but I can't find any deals. Those seem to fly off of the lot. Definitely don't love the wheels but none of the stock ones look good.
The sport stock wheels looked alright but yea. I rarely see any blue ones on the street. It’s either silver or black.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I used to have the N1 straight through muffler, aka fart can but I just straight piped it resonator back.
It must be loud if there is no muffler.
Perhaps post up a sound clip. From the rear of the vehicle and while driving with the windows open.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HRV Sport AWD
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ill post one tmmr. It honestly sounds the same with my old straight through muffler. Just a tad louder when accelerating. For some reason when I have AC on, my exhaust is louder.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HRV Sport AWD
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didn’t see your comment about having windows down so I had then up but you can still hear the exhaust. It’s not super loud but not as quiet with a muffler.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yes, it's a little loud! Louder than our modified TSX but quieter than my 5.0 Mustang.
It's not too bad though. I've heard louder and ricier!

Thanks for the sound clips. 👍

We haven't driven our HRV all summer but my plan is to remove that lame exhaust resonator under the passenger door.
I hoping that it just gives the exhaust a slight burble, plus get rid of that useless lump of metal.
Just like that useless lump of plastic that the air intake resonator is.
My wife is used to all our modified vehicles but it can't be too loud and annoying.

Now that I think about it, the off-road HRV guys should be dumping the ex resonator also, since it hangs kinda low.

In your case, with no muffler installed, you should NOT touch the exhaust resonator!

·
Registered
2019 Honda HRV Sport AWD
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was about to remove the resonator which would have probably been too loud and raspy. Although I kind of want to replace the OEM res with an aftermarket one. Would you think the tone would be raspier with an aftermarket res?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I suspect that the OEM exhaust resonator under the passenger door is straight thru and not restrictive.
I haven't seen the internals of one so I'm not 100% sure.
It is likely designed to reduce/eliminate drone and perhaps high frequencies.

With no muffler, removing the ex resonator or replacing it with an aftermarket resonator would make your HRV louder and likely increase drone.
With no muffler, you likely already have some drone at low rpm highway cruising.

Just leave your exhaust the way it is and enjoy it!

·
Registered
2019 Honda HRV Sport AWD
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the input. There is only drone around 2k RPM or inder so I use the “fake shifting” to get it above 2k RPM. When driving on the highway, it is actually way quieter without the straight through muffler that I used to have. That thing made my car drone even more than no muffler surprisingly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts