Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new here.

Just got a new 2019 HR-V Touring. I have other Honda's as well, and I have always tweaked the Navi/Radio. I for the life of me, cannot start the Diagnostic menu. I hold down the Brightness+Home+Power/Volume knob and nothing happens. If I hold more that 5 sec. the complete radio does a hard reset and re-boots.

Help would be appreciated, thank you.

If I can get in, I will post how to make it run a tad faster based in my 2018 Honda Civic Touring Hatchback.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You might be the first 2019 trying to get into diagnostic mode. I'd suggest calling your dealer service department and asking nicely if they can give you the information. I don't suspect it is in the Owner's manual https://owners.honda.com/vehicle-information/manuals?year=2019&model=HR-V
Thank you, just did that. They said they would get back.

I did our Civic with the 3-button hold down, worked to turn off some features. Runs much zippier, so I would like to do that same for the HRV.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, just did that. They said they would get back.

I did our Civic with the 3-button hold down, worked to turn off some features. Runs much zippier, so I would like to do that same for the HRV.
Update:

Dealer got back with instructions, I will test it tomorrow. Other half is dying to to a video soon...lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
to enter in the diagnostic menu on HRV 2019, you must do this :
hold down the Brightness+MENU+Power. Then hold MENU to enter in the second menu "developper diag"
for this moment i'm stopped, because i want to configure the USB port "HOST TO DEVICE" but if i hold "HOME" nothing appear. i'm tried several combinaisons but nothing work. however i managed to get in the debugging mode.
it's possible when you are in the first menu.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think I fucked up, I entered the lane watch option, I couldn't select back there was no option all It said was to press lane watch button to aim and I pressed it, now lane watch does not work it says aim failed. What can i do?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I think I fucked up, I entered the lane watch option, I couldn't select back there was no option all It said was to press lane watch button to aim and I pressed it, now lane watch does not work it says aim failed. What can i do?
Find a lane watch wailing tutorial on YouTube, which will include making a physical target you need to set next to the car and some time. It sucks, but that's the only way I've read about fixing it.

You're playing with things you shouldn't, that's the risk you took

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks I already fixed it like you said, it was quite easy,
All I can say, I was not the first moron messing around and won't be the last. Found lots of people that did the same on their other Hondas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@019 HR-V EX - 400 miles and I had to replace the Passenger Side mirror after wife knocked it off backing out of the garage.... Used a New Honda Mirror with camera. At first, the Camera continued to work, then it started giving the message that the camera is not aimed. I have tried all the combinations of Brightness + Menu + Audio and other buttons. So far, all that happens is after 5 sec. the radio (Screen) goes into a hard reset. I cannot get to the Diagnostic Menu. Am I holding my tongue wrong??
I sweet-talked the service guy into looking and asking for me, but he could not find the answer and I may still owe him a dinner???
Any ideas?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts