Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
The loss of the Magic Seat and some efficiency is disappointing - especially with gasoline exceeding $5/gallon. I also hate to see the elimination of the radar unit for Honda Sensing which allowed the system to detect other vehicles in low-to-no visibility conditions (e.g. dense fog).

I like the Civic-based interior, dual-zone climate control, remote start, independent rear suspension, and Traffic Jam Assist (basically, LKAS continues working at low speeds instead of shutting off below 45 MPH).

The Hill Descent Control seems like a silly gimmick in an HR-V.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The loss of the Magic Seat and some efficiency is disappointing - especially with gasoline exceeding $5/gallon. I also hate to see the elimination of the radar unit for Honda Sensing which allowed the system to detect other vehicles in low-to-no visibility conditions (e.g. dense fog).

I like the Civic-based interior, dual-zone climate control, remote start, independent rear suspension, and Traffic Jam Assist (basically, LKAS continues working at low speeds instead of shutting off below 45 MPH).

The Hill Descent Control seems like a silly gimmick in an HR-V.
but we got "SNOW MODE" !!!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Gains - CarPlay and Android Auto, 3 USB charging ports, Wireless Phone Charging, Dual Zone heating, Honda-Sensing, 2.0L engine, LED headlights, regular rear door handles, better screens for dash, snow mode, hill descent, walk-away auto lock, parking sensors, 'smart' wipers,
Loses - Roof Rails (EX-L), Lane Watch, 1.8L engine, Magic Seats, quirky door handles, fog lights (EX-L), 2 MPG lower MPG (26/32 vs. 28/34)
Didn't deliver - Turbo, automated tailgate, folding mirrors, better front storage, locking glove box, integrated garage door opener, center fold down console in rear seat

·
Registered
564 Posts
Nordic forest color is amazing. Considering all the short comings of the previous gen. (And it still sold really well for Honda).

This will sell like hotcakes still regardless of no 1.5t. It is almost guaranteed Acura will have a small CUV with the 1.5t.

·
Registered
564 Posts
It wasn’t too long ago that $30k got you 200+hp. And some luxury like leather. You have civics pushing $30k easily….the market is just not what it used to be. I understand inflation and material cost increases. But $30k is still a lot of money.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nordic forest color is amazing. Considering all the short comings of the previous gen. (And it still sold really well for Honda).

This will sell like hotcakes still regardless of no 1.5t. It is almost guaranteed Acura will have a small CUV with the 1.5t.
oohhh. I like that idea- the tiny Acura could be sweet fun ride..

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,234 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, and that you are actually getting a bit of a bargain, this vehicle when sold in the UK as the HR-Z will retail for around $42k.

Honda have indicated the HR-Z will slot in between the MkIII (RoW Hybrid) HR-V and the CR-V. The HR-V is £29k - £33k ($36k - $41k).

As much as I really like my Honda's, this may well be my last fairly new one as they are just getting ridiculously expensive. Currently I can get the top of the range AWD KIA Sportage HEV/Self Charging via a broker for around the same price as the top of the range FWD HR-V. MRRP £40,255. Broker Price £33,772 The Sportage is faster, more economical and better equipped than the HR-V, and I still qualify for the 7 Year Warranty. At best you only get Hondas 5 Year Warranty and Servicing Package when they do it as a promo.

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX
21 Posts
It wasn’t too long ago that $30k got you 200+hp. And some luxury like leather. You have civics pushing $30k easily….the market is just not what it used to be. I understand inflation and material cost increases. But $30k is still a lot of money.
Memorial weekend went looking for a new 22 civic...

Only civic i can find within 50 miles had almost 15K miles on it...and they were asking $35K!

Went next door to a toyota dealer to look at new corollas...zero...the few older ones they had all had over 10K miles and were asking $30K+

Crazy!

zeRep

·
Registered
16 Posts
No thanks... not enough upgrade to convince me to get rid of my 2016 with only 65K miles on it... especially at over $30K for minor upgrades.
  • Larger Longer Wider Heavier
  • Less Fuel Efficient
  • More Expensive
  • No Hybrid
  • No Turbo
  • No Magic Seat
  • No cloth interior WITH sunroof "EX"model
~$30K, IF you can find a dealer willing to sell one at MSRP.

Let the bidding begin!

The nearest Honda dealer is advertising 2023 HR-V's with a selling price $2,000 above MSRP for each of the 3 HR-V trim levels, sight unseen, for cars of unspecified color, still in transport.

Before the CSCCCS&GPH (COVID, supply-chain challenges, chip shortages, & general public hysteria) combined to create the current out-the-door selling-price insanity, this dealer was advertising every vehicle except Civic Type R at least $500 under MSRP, with dozens of every trim and every model in stock.

·
Registered
17 Posts
  • Larger Longer Wider Heavier
  • Less Fuel Efficient
  • More Expensive
  • No Hybrid
  • No Turbo
  • No Magic Seat
  • No cloth interior WITH sunroof "EX"model
All that and a front end that is plain, uninspiring and FUGLY! They did a nice job on the rear end but who in the heck wants to drive in reverse all the time. Time may prove me wrong, but IMHO Honda just pulled off a huge swing and a miss. Likewise, I purchased my HRV because it didn't have the latest safety crap that adds to the cost when you replace a windshield and/or serves as one more thing to break in the future. Keeping the HRV simple with the Magic Seat but without blind spot monitoring, autonomous breaking, adaptive cruise control and a leaky sunroof...all selling points for me since I do all my own maintenance and NEVER want to see the inside of a Honda repair shop.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts