Honda HR-V Forum banner

New HR-V Commerical From Brazil

7K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  scooterct 
#1 ·
I really like this new ad out of Brazil for the HR-V

AND I'M INFURIATED THAT THE USA WON'T BE GETTING THIS AWESOME DARK RED COLOR!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Needless to say I think this color looks great on the HR-V and I'm jealous Brazil will be getting it.

#6 · (Edited)
Really like that red too. I thought the ad was okay, but a lot of Americana for a Brazilian audience: Martin Luther King, Woodstock, moon walk. Where's the Brazilian vibe? I also would have thought a "revolution" theme would be a bit close to home for South America... but then I know next to nothing about modern SA culture and taste. And very little about marketing.

Still, I wonder if the same ad will appear in the American campaign. Oh, but I guess it wouldn't make much sense to have a colour we don't get.

#9 ·
Some self-aggrandizing color consultant decided what colors would be offered in the US market. And you will like them, you petty, uneducated, tasteless, unimportant consumer. Because somebody with better taste than you has decreed that you WILL like them.

Of course that's really a nasty thing to say. I've read about how colors are chosen, and there are dedicated, well-intentioned, highly professional consultants trying their very best to anticipate the public's constantly changing automotive color tastes (favorite colors do change over time).

Imagine you had the job of trying to please 150,000 people each year (they sell that many Souls each year in the USA), but you can only offer a half dozen colors (economy of scale). And two of those choices have to be white and black.

#12 ·
And two of those choices have to be white and black.
...and two others have to be silver and grey.

Ahem ... it appears that what we have here is a Generation Gap. ... Burgundy, smurgundy ... ;)
Aww, now you've called it Burgundy and gone and spoiled it for me. Just brought back memories of my Dad's Corvair. He always called it the second worst mistake he ever made. Buying the second Corvair was the worst.

Guess I won't be shipping one in from Brazil after all.

#10 ·
Ahem ... it appears that what we have here is a Generation Gap.

I hate the burgundy color and the wheels ... I was ecstatic when I saw that we were getting the Milano/Alfa Romeo/Ferrari/Maserati/Fire Breathing By-God RED!

Burgundy, smurgundy ... reminds me of my Dad's 1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser--did I say generation gap? Google the Stude and you'll find plenty of dull burgundies.

As for the wheels, I guess it's less expensive to cast 'em, paint 'em black, and then grind-off the the highlighted "spokes."
All, of course, IMHO ;)

#14 ·
Ahem ... it appears that what we have here is a Generation Gap.

I hate the burgundy color and the wheels ... I was ecstatic when I saw that we were getting the Milano/Alfa Romeo/Ferrari/Maserati/Fire Breathing By-God RED!
Not sure of your age, but I like the Milano Red myself and I'm getting old.
Why would anyone want maroon? Sound like your stranded on an island.

#15 ·
I really dislike commercials that don't tell you anything about the product and are simply try to sell you on an a theme/concept (revolutionary vehicle in this case).

I also like that red as well but wonder what the interior color would be.
Also like the wheels better than the U.S. standard wheels that we will get.

#24 ·
POINTS SCORED FOR THE IMPERIAL SYSTEM.

Those poor folks buying metric-system HRVs. Did you notice the electronic HVAC system moving from 18 to 19? At 1.8 degrees F to 1 degree C (if I remember my grade school science), that means they have to change the temperature in 2 degrees F increments.

Take that, metric system lovers! The backwards USA has finer temperature control. Nyah Nyah...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.