Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just purchased my new 2021 HR-V EXL. I really liked the Civic too but my wife didn’t really like the headroom. Loving my new Go-cart which my wife has dubbed the Mario kart, lol. I already ordered the VEZEL badges from Japan. Gonna swap the HR-V logo for it for fun. Side by side next to my wife’s Pilot it’s looks like a baby Pilot.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome to the HRVy club. lol. It looks like its just screaming to be all blacked out. Headlights, Tail lights, Vezel badges, and wheels. lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did it! VEZEL badged it. I think it looks awesome. My sales rep/buddy at Honda dealership loved it. We’re both pretty sure it’s the only “Vezel” in Indiana 🤣 Next project is tint all windows and add lower and front trim pieces.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just purchased my new 2021 HR-V EXL. I really liked the Civic too but my wife didn’t really like the headroom. Loving my new Go-cart which my wife has dubbed the Mario kart, lol. I already ordered the VEZEL badges from Japan. Gonna swap the HR-V logo for it for fun. Side by side next to my wife’s Pilot it’s looks like a baby Pilot. View attachment 31748 View attachment 31749
Congratulations! I see you have a few Honda vehicles in your driveway! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did it! VEZEL badged it. I think it looks awesome. My sales rep/buddy at Honda dealership loved it. We’re both pretty sure it’s the only “Vezel” in Indiana 🤣 Next project is tint all windows and add lower and front trim pieces. View attachment 31760
That's going to be a great conversation starter! One day I was looking up all the Honda models made around the world and was surprised that I didn't know about them. Like the Honda Jazz.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's going to be a great conversation starter! One day I was looking up all the Honda models made around the world and was surprised that I didn't know about them. Like the Honda Jazz.
I know. I really like the Honda city. They should really bring that over to the US. I think it’s better looking than the civic.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know. I really like the Honda city. They should really bring that over to the US. I think it’s better looking than the civic.
Speaking of the Civic, I saw some photos of the new 2022 Civic today on the CivicXI forum. The AC vents are really unique. This is a photo outside the factory in Canada. These Civics are bound for the US via Train. I would personally like to see the Honda e come to the US or something like it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Speaking of the Civic, I saw some photos of the new 2022 Civic today on the CivicXI forum. The AC vents are really unique. This is a photo outside the factory in Canada. These Civics are bound for the US via Train. I would personally like to see the Honda e come to the US or something like it. View attachment 31765
Sweet. I think the new civics look cool. I really wanted to get the new 2022 HRV too but unfortunately I needed a new vehicle. I had a 2002 Dodge Ram that I bought when I graduated college back in 03. The week of Christmas the head gasket blew and the block cracked. So the family was down to just my wife’s Pilot. We lasted with 1 vehicle up until 2 weeks ago. We couldn’t make it work anymore. Life and kids getting busier. I love my HR-V we just couldn’t wait and save any longer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Vezel badge looks sweet! I'm just imagining someone who likes your car, then goes online to look up the Vezel and become confused that its "not a US" model. They'll prob think you imported it. 🤣

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sweet. I think the new civics look cool. I really wanted to get the new 2022 HRV too but unfortunately I needed a new vehicle. I had a 2002 Dodge Ram that I bought when I graduated college back in 03. The week of Christmas the head gasket blew and the block cracked. So the family was down to just my wife’s Pilot. We lasted with 1 vehicle up until 2 weeks ago. We couldn’t make it work anymore. Life and kids getting busier. I love my HR-V we just couldn’t wait and save any longer.
I totally get that. Really all anyone needs is a reliable vehicle that is available when needed. Meaning you both needed your own vehicle and the less time it spends in the shop the better.

I just learned about the fully electric Ford F-150 "Lightening" it starts at 39k and goes up to 90k. It's a pretty cool truck. I'm really interested in electric vehicles like this new Ford, Tesla, and Porsche, but the one thing they all have in common is they're outside of my budget. My Honda is affordable (I paid it all off) and its reliable. Electric needs to catch on a bit so that there are more charging stations everywhere. Gas powered vehicles can be refueled quickly on the way to work.

Point is, the best vehicle for you is the one that is quickly afforded and causes minimal disruption to your life. I take my Honda in for Express Service maybe twice a year and that's it. I fill it up once a week with gas. I wash it maybe twice a month. (Bad; I should do that every week). But a busy life means the car is taking a backseat to other life priorities.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I totally get that. Really all anyone needs is a reliable vehicle that is available when needed. Meaning you both needed your own vehicle and the less time it spends in the shop the better.

I just learned about the fully electric Ford F-150 "Lightening" it starts at 39k and goes up to 90k. It's a pretty cool truck. I'm really interested in electric vehicles like this new Ford, Tesla, and Porsche, but the one thing they all have in common is they're outside of my budget. My Honda is affordable (I paid it all off) and its reliable. Electric needs to catch on a bit so that there are more charging stations everywhere. Gas powered vehicles can be refueled quickly on the way to work.

Point is, the best vehicle for you is the one that is quickly afforded and causes minimal disruption to your life. I take my Honda in for Express Service maybe twice a year and that's it. I fill it up once a week with gas. I wash it maybe twice a month. (Bad; I should do that every week). But a busy life means the car is taking a backseat to other life priorities.
I put a deposit down yesterday for a Lightening! Without even driving it it has most of what I know I want in my next vehicle - a truck, 4WD, room for car seats in the back, and EV. Give that all to me under $40K!?! Sure!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I put a deposit down yesterday for a Lightening! Without even driving it it has most of what I know I want in my next vehicle - a truck, 4WD, room for car seats in the back, and EV. Give that all to me under $40K!?! Sure!
That's incredible! I was about to do the same yesterday. The Lighting was all I thought about yesterday. I was excited about a fully electric vehicle under 40k. And I would buy a truck only if it were electric. I might do it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
That's incredible! I was about to do the same yesterday. The Lighting was all I thought about yesterday. I was excited about a fully electric vehicle under 40k. And I would buy a truck only if it were electric. I might do it.
For a $100 fully refundable deposit, why not get your name on the list?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts