Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just signed the paperwork on a new 2021 HR-V Sport awd; blue. Tried to talk my wife into the ex-l, but she loved the sport trim. Already ordered some ventvisors and sill plate protectors. Speaker upgrade is in the works; thinking Focal or Morel. Anyways, hello all from South Carolina!

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
240 Posts
Hello, I have a 2020 LX and want to change to the Sport grill. I wanted an AWD and the only one on the lot was an LX. If you can share some pictures that would be great. I like the Sport trim too and will change a few things on mine from LX to Sport trim.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just signed the paperwork on a new 2021 HR-V Sport awd; blue. Tried to talk my wife into the ex-l, but she loved the sport trim. Already ordered some ventvisors and sill plate protectors. Speaker upgrade is in the works; thinking Focal or Morel. Anyways, hello all from South Carolina!
I just purchased a 2021 hrv sport too..Have installed the splash guards...bug deflector...weathertech vent visor and a dash cover...What are the sill plate protectors...are those the one that lights up???

·
Registered
55 Posts
Vent visors go outsie of the windows allowing you to crack the window when raining.

the radio/head unit is not tooo bad once the speakers are upgraded. I pit kicker 6 1/2 (2 ways) in all 4 doors and the Kicker pt250 10” powered sub in the rear. It woke the radio up. Takes wayyy less volume to get clear sound out.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
240 Posts
Ah, I knew them as window visors. I was thinking of the a/c vents, haha.

I installed a Dasaita head unit and the factory speakers sound 300% better. I don’t think it’s the speakers that are the problem so much more than it’s the head unit.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you pull the speakers…take a look at thr magnet and speaker material…. Replce them and it will sounds 500% better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the OEM head unit is no prize - speaker upgrade will point that out.
Its mainly my wife's car, so I have to take it slow with the audio upgrades. Lol! The headunit selection is a tad thin right now as the chip shortage is going on, which is a mixed blessing. Gives her time to wear the newness off and me time to decide exactly which one I want.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello, I have a 2020 LX and want to change to the Sport grill. I wanted an AWD and the only one on the lot was an LX. If you can share some pictures that would be great. I like the Sport trim too and will change a few things on mine from LX to Sport trim.
Ill see what I can get ya! Shes working 10-12hr shifts right now and its been raining daily for over a week. If you dont hear from me within a week, PM me to remind me.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
240 Posts
If you pull the speakers…take a look at thr magnet and speaker material…. Replce them and it will sounds 500% better.
It is possible to access the speakers without taking the door panel off? If so, I'd consider it but in the past any car that I changed the speakers and had to remove the door panel, it was never the same afterward. The panel didn't fit perfect ever again, clips or trim either broke or bent and then it rattled. So, with that said, I'm satisfied how it is now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Door panels HAVE to come off. They are super easy.
-Pull plastic trim behind the door handle
-Remove screws
-Remove plastic from inside the door pocket by window controls
-Remove screws
-Pull up on door panel outer edges to pop clips loose
-Unplug wires from door handle and window/locks
-Unscrew speakers and its plug and play…

reverse all and done. Took me less than 15 mins a door.

·
Registered
517 Posts
It is possible to access the speakers without taking the door panel off? If so, I'd consider it but in the past any car that I changed the speakers and had to remove the door panel, it was never the same afterward. The panel didn't fit perfect ever again, clips or trim either broke or bent and then it rattled. So, with that said, I'm satisfied how it is now.
its easy to take em off- and if you have a few extra clips before you start- if any break you can replace them right there on the spot.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
240 Posts
Does the Sport have the speakers at the top on the dash? I'm not sure if my LX has speakers but the grill (correct name?) is there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you still have your window sticker, you can see if it lists the 6 speaker/180watt stereo; but I think that is only on EX and EX-L trims. A simple way is just to just put ya head close and see if you can hear anything coming from that area. Adding them would take a tad more work, as you need to make brackets and run wires.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts