Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think this is a promotional video for the Indonesia launch of the HR-V, but for those of us here in North America, there are a couple of things I spotted in the video I don't think we've seen before.

First, the video show the Magic Seats in "Refresh" mode (at 6:13). I haven't seen photos of this from the Vezel and I know there was some question as to whether or not the seats would fold into this configuration, looks like the HR-V will be able to do this.

Second, the video shows the HR-V driving on dirt. By no means is it "off-roading", but it does show it doing some very light off the pavement driving.

There's also a bunch of cool features shown throughout the video. It appears to be three videos sort of smashed together, but watch the whole thing, each section of the video has the same opening, so you might be tricked into thinking the video is just starting over again.

Anyway, enjoy.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6YkGjsmv50

lso, can someone put a guide up on how to embed youtube videos into this forum. Maybe sticky in the Photos and Videos subsection? I tried 6 different ways to try and embed the video above and I just couldn't get it to work, so a little guide on how to do it would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I think this is a promotional video for the Indonesia launch of the HR-V, but for those of us here in North America, there are a couple of things I spotted in the video I don't think we've seen before.

First, the video show the Magic Seats in "Refresh" mode. I haven't seen photos of this from the Vezel and I know there was some question as to whether or not the seats would fold into this configuration, looks like the HR-V will be able to do this.

Second, the video shows the HR-V driving on dirt. By no means is it "off-roading", but it does show it doing some very light off the pavement driving.

There's also a bunch of cool features shown throughout the video. It appears to be three videos sort of smashed together, but watch the whole thing, each section of the video has the same opening, so you might be tricked into thinking the video is just starting over again.

Anyway, enjoy.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6YkGjsmv50

Also, can someone put a guide up on how to embed youtube videos into this forum. Maybe sticky in the Photos and Videos subsection? I tried 6 different ways to try and embed the video above and I just couldn't get it to work, so a little guide on how to do it would be great. Thanks.
Hey Derm.....as long as the link works I wouldn't be too concerned about embedding the video.

I am going to watch it now.

I think someone posted a relax mode picture somewhere on this forum.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen on the forum photos of it for the Fit, but I did a search for refresh mode on the Vezel a few months ago when someone asked about it and couldn't find any photos showing that particular mode. The Vezel page on the Honda Japan site seemed to leave it out and I know a few people on the forum were wondering. Considering it's the same seats as the Fit, I'm really not surprised, it's another nice feature to have!

What do you think of the whole "The Daring Achiever" as the motto?!? I think some things get lost in translation, I sure hope that's not the tag line here in the USA.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Usually its as simple as removing the 's' from https, however in the event that does not work just copy/paste/search the video title in you tube and use that link. I've found that the link will give me trouble if its a video i found embedded in an article for example. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Red, for some reason the first time I put it in without the "S" it didn't work, but I just tried editing my post and this time it did....weird.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Isn't refresh mode the same as long mode, only with the rear seat back left in the normal position instead of folded forward? That front seat back folds quite a ways back, something a lot of bigger SUVs don't do.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, you leave the back seat up and recline the front seat all the way down and back. The trick is that in refresh mode the front of the back seat bottom smoothly connects with the top of the front seat to form a type of bed almost....like this picture for a 2015 Fit....

In the photo of "long" mode you can see the front seat overlapping the folded down back seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts