Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 2019 HRV AWD EX. I absolutely love the car so far but I’m wondering if my gas mileage is underperforming. This has been my mpg on all my fill ups so far (calculating myself, cars mpg gauge is registering slightly higher): 17.8, 27.97, 26.2, 21.2, 25.42. How does yours compare? Thanks!

·
Registered
781 Posts
One thing you'll find is that your mileage may vary does really apply. A lot depends on how you drive, where, and what kind of trips you take. I've seen my 2016 HRV AWD vary from 22mpg to 36mpg. 22 was when I was fully loaded, with a car topper, moving my daughter across country. And 36 on the way back with nothing but me in the car. Short trips, stop and go driving, and the like will decrease your mileage. But I've also heard others say that their mileage the first few tanks was worse than after say the first 1,000 miles.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Tyler,

I found the car mpg gauge is pretty accurate so im just trusting what it says instead of calculating mpg myself at the pump. My first 5,000 miles I averaged 24.5 overall. I reset “trip A” when I got my oil changed and now I’m getting about 26 (about 1,200 miles so far). It’s mostly my wife who uses the car (weighs much less than you) and she drives mostly in the highway. Considering this I’m still pretty disappointed with the mpg. Highway is rated 31.... I would think our mpg would be more like 30 considering it’s 75% highway miles. Sorry to hear you’re getting 21, my first fill up was horrible (18mpg) but it improved over time. I’m not sure if the engine got broken in a little, if the oil change made a difference, or just a change in driving habits (or a combination of all these).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts