Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to find some good LED bulbs for my wife's 2011 CRV for a couple years now. This generation CRV has big round headlights that didn't seem to produce a good beam pattern with any LED bulbs. I tried Nighteye, VPlus, Cougar, Auxbeam, and another brand that I can't remember the name of, and neither looked very bright or provide a good cutoff.
I then tried a pretty expensive ($80) set of Hikari LED bulbs and those were brighter but gave out a weird beam pattern which was basically two large round circles of light. I had pretty much given up and just stuck with those for almost 2 years.

Novsight/Nighteye had a sale on their newer LED bulbs on Black Friday so I decided to give them a try. I was very impressed right away with the brightness and beam pattern. So far, they are the brightest LED bulbs I have tried and they have a cutoff with a step, similar to projector lights. They also aim the beam slightly to the right to prevent blinding oncoming traffic. I took a quick picture today only because I drove up to a parking spot right in front of a white wall. I'll take better pictures soon. I'm writing this at 3am so ignore any typos. :)

This is the link for the H4 (2016-2018 HRV's)

And H11 (2019+ HRV's)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I installed the same low beams and fog lights in my new HR-V, I couldn't be happier. I've got the high beams being delivered tomorrow, can't wait to get those in. I've also swapped out the map/dome/cargo lights with lasfit white led bulbs and it's much brighter and better looking now. I'm also looking at upgrading the reverse lights with bright white leds as well.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are a few more pictures of the lights. I circled the "step" that I mentioned in the first post. In the last picture, you can see that the cutoff is pretty sharp.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^ Those look good, although I can't see the last ones. I didn't see any of those when I searched during their back Friday deals. For the price, I probably would've picked up the 12000lm bulbs instead. I wonder what the cutoff looks like.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I went ahead and bought the cheaper 12000 lumen set, I was very impressed with how good they looked in my wife's 2013 civic. I'm sure they will look different in my HR-V, but as long as the pattern is good I'll keep them, they are brighter and cheaper, even if they are only rated for up to 50,000 hrs. instead of 100,000. I'll try to get some pics when I get them in. I'll just replace the drivers side low beam and fog light so I can have a direct comparison with the other bulbs I have now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got the new bulbs in and since it was rainy and I didn't feel like messing with the fog lamps, I just put one new bulb in the driver side for testing/pics.

Can't really see much difference in the first pic, but the second pic from the driver seat you can already tell a difference, the step/cutoff appears to be the same, but the new bulbs are a bit warmer in color temp, the old ones seem a bit bluer/cooler in color, even though both are from the same manufacturer and both claim to be 6000k. The last pic take from outside the car shows the pattern best, the light seems to shine lower and more evenly. I think I'll definitely be keeping the newer bulbs and also replacing the fog lights with the same ones, especially since they cost less and seem to perform better.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can see the difference. The new bulbs do look warmer and do seem to provide more light on the bottom. The cutoff line also looks sharper to me.

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
Both of you have the same model year? if it is 2019+, different housing.. It looked more like projector pattern than reflector.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Both of you have the same model year? if it is 2019+, different housing.. It looked more like projector pattern than reflector.
No. The pictures I included above are of H4 LED bulbs in a CRV with oem halogen lights.

My comments in post #10 were in comparison to Glocksrock's old vs new LED bulbs. He has a 2019+ HR-V with projectors.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V LX CVT AWD. Crystal Black Perl with many many mods!
86 Posts
I got a smooth line across the horizon must be lucky I guess!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I recently bought a 2019 HR-V EX a couple months ago. I was looking to change my headlights and foglights to LED, and it seems that most people here vote for the Novsight LED bulbs fanless model.

I was looking on amazon, and it looks like there is a new Novsight model with higher lumen output (10K lumens vs 8K lumens) and more LED chips on the bulbs.

Has anyone tried these bulbs? The newer model also only has 2 year warranty vs 3 years on the older model - maybe it means less lifespan due to higher lumen output? Not sure which model I should buy... or do you have any other recommendations regarding bulbs? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys, I recently bought a 2019 HR-V EX a couple months ago. I was looking to change my headlights and foglights to LED, and it seems that most people here vote for the Novsight LED bulbs fanless model.

I was looking on amazon, and it looks like there is a new Novsight model with higher lumen output (10K lumens vs 8K lumens) and more LED chips on the bulbs.

Has anyone tried these bulbs? The newer model also only has 2 year warranty vs 3 years on the older model - maybe it means less lifespan due to higher lumen output? Not sure which model I should buy... or do you have any other recommendations regarding bulbs? Thanks!
Let us know if you decide to get them and please post pics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts