1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
414 Posts
We had Honda's accessory mats on our previous Honda Fit. After a few years, the driver's mat tore at the restraining pins.

So we tried Husky mats when we purchased the '19. And WeatherTech mats when we bought the '20.

I've seen a lot of WT mats get all wavy along their edges after a few years....

·
Registered
2020 Sport AWD (Canadian Version)
168 Posts
Honda mats suck. I had them. This Spring spent a lot of time cleaning salt on the top left and on the right on console areas. If you are in salt free areas shuld be OK. I have my front ones waiting for anyone to pick up. My new Weathertechs will do the job net year.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have the Weather Tech ones- they have higher sides- under the driver's feet the sides go up and under the pedals and cover a good portion of the footrest too.
The rear is one piece that also protects the hump in the middle, and the sides are higher.

I love them BUT they have become hard to clean- I have what appears to be some salt stains etc. i have scrubbed and used about 20 different cleaners and chemicals to no avail.

·
Registered
140 Posts
When we bought our '21 EX new last August, dealer (I assume) had already installed them (and rear cargo mat)....Am sure they were overpriced, but they're quite nice.....Have Weather Techs in my '15 Fit, they're nice (thinner) (laser fit or whatever, thinner, more plasticy) but the Hpnda mats are nicer. I really like our HV a lot more than I expected

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,376 Posts
I have both the OEM Honda rubber mats and the WT version. I purchased the WT for the same reasons as listed by @John35g above.

Although I use the WT version, I much prefer the OEM mats as the rubber is more robust and they seem really hard-wearing. The finish on the WT feels greasy and a little bit flimsy and would probably require ditching if they were to ever crack due to how sharp the material will be. For all the 'laser cut' talk, mine still have gaps near the front of the footwell that allows debris in. To combat this I've placed the drivers OEM mat directly underneath the WT version - both are secured by the carpet living mechanism, and this combination seems to work.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,376 Posts
🤣

I've just remembered another reason why I don't like the WT mats (even though I'm still using them!) Even though there is locking points fitted to the floor on both the passenger and drivers footwells, which the OEM mats use, you can't secure the WT passenger side mat as they don't have holes to attach to the mechanism and they slide about. That's why I still use OEM passenger mat.

Their laser must have been having an off day when it was measure the HR-V mats.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
🤣

I've just remembered another reason why I don't like the WT mats (even though I'm still using them!) Even though there is locking points fitted to the floor on both the passenger and drivers footwells, which the OEM mats use, you can't secure the WT passenger side mat as they don't have holes to attach to the mechanism and they slide about. That's why I still use OEM passenger mat.

I think it maybe that only the drivers side requires to be locked down by law (at least in the states)
-I dont think there are even any provisions for the passenger side, or on the OEM mats, anyway.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Have never bought a new car with the dealer installed optional mats, but thought it was cool that the original fabric mats still in plastic were in the rear cargo.....kind of surprising to me.....can slap them in there if we decide to sell/trade, looking brand new and all.....LOL

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
🤣

Agree on the WT passenger side not having the lock down but have never had a problem with shifting as the fit is rather tight.

·
Registered
34 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts