Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm loving my new 2017 Honda HRV EX-L. Just got it on December 30, 2019. My wife forced me to upgrade from my 2007 Honda Civic after it started to look like crap after the clearcoat came off the roof and other parts of the car (common problem with old Civics).

Being that I'm a newbie to HRVs I have a few questions:

1. I found that the Navi sucks. It over estimates the time it takes to get to your destination and it doesn't always take you the fastest route. Is there any way to get Google Maps to work? I've seen a few tricks on YouTube where you turn off DD VSP ERROR and it will work but it turns back on after you shut off the car so you need to turn off DD VSP ERROR every time. Any ideas?
2. I finally got my SiriusXM trial to activate but for some reason when I scan channels, it doesn't save them. How do I get the channels to save in the Channel List? I know how to save the presets, but I don't know how to save the channels in the channel listing.
3. I read that there's supposed to be an auto-lock when you walk away from the car. I tested this out and it doesn't auto-lock for me. I always have to press lock button twice (I press it twice so I can hear it beep so I know it's locked). Am I missing something here?
4. For some reason, the moonroof opened slightly this weekend. I live in Canada and it was raining and very cold this weekend. We noticed it was left open for about half the day while it was raining. Is there anything that would have caused it to open automatically? We swear we didn't open the moonroof or didn't even go near the button. Also, we noticed there was a lot of condensation when we opened the moonroof cover. And it wasn't from it being open as we wiped it dry and the next day it was wet again. Is this normal? My wife has always had a moonroof in her cars and said she has never noticed any condensation ever in any of the cars she's owned even in the cold weather.

Also is there anything else I should know about the car? Would be greatly appreciated. I opted to get the extended warranty so I'm covered for pretty much everything except normal wear and tear stuff.

Thanks everyone!

·
Banned
609 Posts
The 2017 HRV does not have "auto lock". There is no reason for the HRV's "sunroof" to open. I think the best thing for a GPS, is to activate it on a smartphone, and lay it on the center console where you can follow directions since it also has a GPS and can tell where you are. And read the owners manual

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm loving my new 2017 Honda HRV EX-L. Just got it on December 30, 2019. My wife forced me to upgrade from my 2007 Honda Civic after it started to look like crap after the clearcoat came off the roof and other parts of the car (common problem with old Civics).

Being that I'm a newbie to HRVs I have a few questions:

1. I found that the Navi sucks. It over estimates the time it takes to get to your destination and it doesn't always take you the fastest route. Is there any way to get Google Maps to work? I've seen a few tricks on YouTube where you turn off DD VSP ERROR and it will work but it turns back on after you shut off the car so you need to turn off DD VSP ERROR every time. Any ideas?
2. I finally got my SiriusXM trial to activate but for some reason when I scan channels, it doesn't save them. How do I get the channels to save in the Channel List? I know how to save the presets, but I don't know how to save the channels in the channel listing.
3. I read that there's supposed to be an auto-lock when you walk away from the car. I tested this out and it doesn't auto-lock for me. I always have to press lock button twice (I press it twice so I can hear it beep so I know it's locked). Am I missing something here?
4. For some reason, the moonroof opened slightly this weekend. I live in Canada and it was raining and very cold this weekend. We noticed it was left open for about half the day while it was raining. Is there anything that would have caused it to open automatically? We swear we didn't open the moonroof or didn't even go near the button. Also, we noticed there was a lot of condensation when we opened the moonroof cover. And it wasn't from it being open as we wiped it dry and the next day it was wet again. Is this normal? My wife has always had a moonroof in her cars and said she has never noticed any condensation ever in any of the cars she's owned even in the cold weather.

Also is there anything else I should know about the car? Would be greatly appreciated. I opted to get the extended warranty so I'm covered for pretty much everything except normal wear and tear stuff.

Thanks everyone!
Wow- i traded my 2007 Civic EX in for a 2017 HRV too !!

·
Registered
207 Posts
the Navi sucks in comparison to all others- but it works. the entire infotainment system is frustrating too. I have an ipod i keep in the car loaded with music- that and my presets for Sirius is all i deal.
you get used to the Navi - but it is slow and it appears to me to pick the shortest routes - which may not be "the best route" -- you generally know which main roads to avoid at times.....
I think the TPS system is also not the best - but knowing how it work and its cheap -its okay.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow- i traded my 2007 Civic EX in for a 2017 HRV too !!
Oh yeah? How much did you get for your trade-in? I feel like I didn't get as much as I could have since they accepted my offer for trade-in. Another dealership really low balled us for a trade-in which led me to believe the car wasn't worth as much as I thought.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Oh yeah? How much did you get for your trade-in? I feel like I didn't get as much as I could have since they accepted my offer for trade-in. Another dealership really low balled us for a trade-in which led me to believe the car wasn't worth as much as I thought.
I got 6500 - i think about 72,000 miles for EX model - and i had aftermarket Kenwood radio with navi installed - interor was too clean (cloth) and the car had a great paint ( the hood and trunk and both bumpers had been replaced and painted at one time over the 9 years ! 3 different times i got hit while parked)
VERY extensive maint records so that helped -
Single owner too- and all tires were about 3 years old -so it was in great shape. I didnt want to attempt to sell on my own -
bought the 2017 EX-L HRV on last day of 2016. and it started to snow. Fun first ride home!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got 6500 - i think about 72,000 miles for EX model - and i had aftermarket Kenwood radio with navi installed - interor was too clean (cloth) and the car had a great paint ( the hood and trunk and both bumpers had been replaced and painted at one time over the 9 years ! 3 different times i got hit while parked)
VERY extensive maint records so that helped -
Single owner too- and all tires were about 3 years old -so it was in great shape. I didnt want to attempt to sell on my own -
bought the 2017 EX-L HRV on last day of 2016. and it started to snow. Fun first ride home!
Wow, that's really good... Mine had 140,000 miles on it with the clearcoat paint coming off, A/C didn't work, radio speakers in the front didn't work and needed approx $1500 in repairs. The dealership didn't know about the A/C or radio speakers or the $1500 in repairs. And I ended up getting $1000 for it as a trade-in. The first dealership only offered us $400 (basically the cost for parts) so we asked for $1000 at the second dealership hoping to get $700-$800 and they took it without any questions. We were happy at the time but now I'm thinking I could have got at least $1500.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts