Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time Honda driver, 92 accord, 12 CRV, and picked up an 18 HRV EX sport 2 months ago. Been reading some forums and looking for some opinions. Doing these upgrades/mods in order
1. Headlights. Cheap route of brighter halogens, or spend about double and get some Philips LEDs? Really want this to be an easy drop in replacement that I can do ASAP
2. Phone mount. I’ve seen the pro clip center console mount and I have a DIY idea that works similar, I’ll update when I do it. Otherwise doing a flat dash mount. Really don’t want something that blocks a vent or uses a suction cup.
3. Floor matts. Fancy weather tech liners or all season matt? Multiple cheaper options available on Amazon made for the HRV, had weathertech all seasons in the CRV and was happy with them.
4. Back seat cover. I’ve got a very fluffy dog and will probably get something off of Amazon or chewy.
5. Cargo cover. Still looking for recommendations on these. Again swing some budget friendly options on amazon.
Open to other suggestions as well. Or if you wanna be super cool and drop a link to something you bought for your HRV so that too.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Welcome @Jmay317! It sounds like you're making the HRV. your own, and protecting it from the normal everyday damage that occurs with every car. Commenting on your mods:
1 - I'd go with LEDs... many threads on here about the LEDs that are plug and play and relatively inexpensive - <$100 all around the car including headlights, fogs, interior, and backup lights.
2 - Lots of options, go with what works for you and is cheap and easy
3 - Depends on your wallet. I have Weathertec in mine and am very happy
4 - Or a blanket - which is what I use
5 - Really 3 choices - towel over what you want to conceal, hard side for $100ish, or for $75ish for a soft one. There was even one thread on here where someone built their own hard one

·
Registered
202 Posts
Long time Honda driver, 92 accord, 12 CRV, and picked up an 18 HRV EX sport 2 months ago. Been reading some forums and looking for some opinions. Doing these upgrades/mods in order
1. Headlights. Cheap route of brighter halogens, or spend about double and get some Philips LEDs? Really want this to be an easy drop in replacement that I can do ASAP
2. Phone mount. I’ve seen the pro clip center console mount and I have a DIY idea that works similar, I’ll update when I do it. Otherwise doing a flat dash mount. Really don’t want something that blocks a vent or uses a suction cup.
3. Floor matts. Fancy weather tech liners or all season matt? Multiple cheaper options available on Amazon made for the HRV, had weathertech all seasons in the CRV and was happy with them.
4. Back seat cover. I’ve got a very fluffy dog and will probably get something off of Amazon or chewy.
5. Cargo cover. Still looking for recommendations on these. Again swing some budget friendly options on amazon.
Open to other suggestions as well. Or if you wanna be super cool and drop a link to something you bought for your HRV so that too.
I have a 2016 LX, 30,000 miles. Here is what I did:
#1 - Bought the Nighteye LED headlights. Simple direct replacement, relatively inexpensive and no fans. Just make sure you put them in right side up. Also replaced the backup and interior lights with LED. Added a light for the glove box (I have everything in there except gloves).
#2 - After trying several other options, I finally settled on the Scosche CD mount for my phone and also use it for my Garmin GPS. It holds very securely and the magnet makes it easy to take the device on and off.
#5 - I use a black bath towel that I purchased at Walmart. Very cheap and serves the purpose. Easy to fold up when not in use.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I just sold my HRV, and have a complete interior package. Oem all season mats, cargo, seat protector, and the hard cargo lid for sale.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a new 2016 EX four years ago and have been very happy with it. I was able to talk the dealer into throwing in the cargo cover with the deal (the soft black "netting" cover) - very useful for hiding what's in the trunk area and removing it if I want to. I purchased Honda branded floor mats (front and rear) thru Amazon (Weather Tech look-a-likes) which have been fine (BTW, my HRV is garaged). Hope you enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
141 Posts
#1: Forget halogen. You can buy brighter halogens but they'll burn out quickly and you might be left hanging when driving in a snowstorm a few hours away from home (happened to me..). Any LED that has the proper beam cut off is ok but to play it safe, I'd invest in the philips. you can buy a version that was made for the Chinese market off aliexpress for $50 h4 is the size you need

#3: After 4 years, I switched out the OEM all weather mats for the Husky weatherbeaters and the coverage is day and night. If you live in an area where they don't salt the roads then OEM should be fine. rockauto has the husky mats at a great price but I have no doubt that the weathertech's are great too.

#4/5: I keep the back seats folded down so my dog has more space and the whole area is covered with a cargo liner from canvasback. They make back seat liners too.

Honda HR-V Cargo Liner

It's fantastic because it's custom cut for the HRV so every inch is covered.

Another alternative is this company called covercraft. Their products are pricey but I've only heard good things.

Custom Padded Canine Cargo Area Liner - Covercraft

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
79 Posts
1. Upgrade OEM Halogen Bulbs

I ran at least three sets of Osram Nightbreakers on my last vehicle and although they were an improvement on the OEM halogens, each set lasted approximately 12 months. The last OEM halogen bulbs I fitted lasted for at least 4 years.

I have upgraded most of the exterior halogen bulbs to LED, the only ones I have not bothered with are the front and rear fog light bulbs. In the UK the brake and VRN come from the factory as LED. If you decied to go down the LED route, check the indicator LED are non hyperflash. I reverted back to halogen indicators for the rear as the LED indicators were too bright.

2. Not sure what ICE system comes fitted in the US, but I use a CD Slot Mount with attachements for my Samsung S9 and TomTom Via63, and apart from an ever so slight wobble, am more than happy with this set up.

3. As part of my purchase I had the OEM Honda rubber mats thrown in, however, I was disappointed by the lack of coverage they gave around the drivers footwell; there was gaps around the clutch pedal and I did not think they went high enough. I purchased a set of WeatherTech *and on the whole they are a vast improvement over the Honda ones. One thing I cannot understand is why they have not incorporated the locking mechanism into the passengers mat as they have with the drivers side. Due to this ommission, I found the passenger mat would slide forward. To get round this I found by attaching the OEM Honda mat and then placing the WeatherTech on top this prevented it sliding around. Please note, this is for the PASSENGER side only!

* I won't tell you how much they cost in the UK as I'm still receiving therapy about it....

4. You can get dog hammocks for the car.

5. Cargo Cover.

As part of the purchase deal I swapped my rear parcel shelf for the Flexible Cargo Cover as I carry dogs in the rear. Once you have obtained your degree in FCC Origami it is a doddle to fold and it can be stored in the front seat rear pocket. As a bonus, the FCC also makes an effective front windscreen sunshade, just prop it in place with the driver and passenger sunvisors!

Regards,

HT

·
Registered
141 Posts
One thing I cannot understand is why they have not incorporated the locking mechanism into the passengers mat as they have with the drivers side. Due to this ommission, I found the passenger mat would slide forward. To get round this I found by attaching the OEM Honda mat and then placing the WeatherTech on top this prevented it sliding around. Please note, this is for the PASSENGER side only!
It is pretty annoying that Honda doesn't have a locking mechanism for the passenger side mat.

The husky mats have a solution to this, it came with a self-tapered screw that goes into the carpet

As great as it all looks, the part that screws in is perfectly level with the carpet but the second half of the mat near the door is elevated off the carpet.

there's no perfect solution I guess

62663645197__A4EE9000-056E-4C6B-BE61-C1EE9A5629CF.jpg

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
79 Posts
I have the locking pins in both the drivers and front seat passengers footwell. The OEM rubber mats I was supplied with have holes for the pins to slide in and lock into place;

Of course the real question is, why is Honda UK advertising LHD floor mats! :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
For the money, the High-Walled All Season floor mats are great (Part # 08P13-T7S-311) they protect the carpet quite well and are easy to clean. I got a set free with my HR-V purchase...money well spent😊

1 - 10 of 10 Posts