Honda HR-V Forum banner

New Wheels and Tint!

14K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  Teshh94 
#1 · (Edited)
What do you guys think how this looks from 1-10? Thinking my next step is coil overs and lowering it a bit more. Fitment looks good right now so lowering it hopefully will look better and flushed.

See less See more
#4 ·
Any plans to paint the brake calipers? While we haven't touched our HR-V's yet, we found that Honda calipers rust within a couple years.
I always use G2 Caliper Paint.

#5 ·
It does look good but you should post up the tire and wheel specs.

I would also recommend to debadge the rear hatch.
The HRV, Brown and AWD emblems do not have locating holes and can be cleanly removed.

Reactions: John35g
#6 ·
Looking good. Possibly some subtle silver or chrome accents to provide a contrast?

Just out of curiosity, is there a legal maximum you can tint your front side windows?

This is the Tinted Window Regulations in the UK, hence why I only got the rear doors and hatch glass tinted.

If you do consider debadging, dental floss and a hairdryer starting off on a gentle heat were the weapons of choice used on another forum I was a member of. I was fortunate the rust on my tailgate took care of most of the hard work for me, whether I wanted rid of them or not.

Regards,

HT

#8 ·
Another option is to black out the emblems or get smoke colored ones. The badges do really stand out. I personally wouldn't have a black car. They show every element of dust and the paint swirls seems to show up more readily on them.

One other thing that now stands out are the roof rails. Are you going to do anything with them?

#10 ·
Definitely second the idea of the cool sleek black OEM window visors. They will look terrific with your super black scheme and they are quite useful, too. Venting heat in summer or defogging windshield in cold weather without exposure by cracking open the visored windows is useful. Inexpensive, they fit very well, and are sturdy. Good accessory for the striking look of your HRV, Wai Lam

#13 ·
Looks really nice...not a fan of black, nothing personal, out Fit is black and is constantly dirty looking......like the look, hate the extra cleaning if one is so inclined....I just drive my Fit dirty looking and don't worry about it, all cars get just as dirty, some just don't show so much, and all

#22 ·
This thread has details on WaiLam's modded HRV.
How he lowered it, wheel/tire specs and the alignment issues he ran into by having it so low.

I wonder if anyone now makes aftermarket suspension parts to be able to adjust the alignment after changing the ride height?

And he finally did remove all the lame badges on the rear hatch!

Reactions: justin7122
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.