Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! I've combed your message boards for the past couple weeks and finally joined! I'm grateful for all of the information you've all provided so far. I'm left with a few questions that are left unanswered for the most part.

1. At 6'4", do you predict I'll have adequate headroom in an EX? I saw that you lose 1.9" with the moonroof. That has been quite significant in previous Japanese cars I've driven and less of an issue in German cars. I drive a 2010 Golf TDI now and the moonroof isn't an issue. There are some features on the EX that I really like, but I never use a moonroof and wish it was optional on the EX.

2. Is the cloth interior quality/finish identical in the LX and EX trims? I'm guessing it is.

3. Does anyone have any images of the LX dash? I've yet to see one except perhaps on some Australian site some time ago. I'm curious about which knobs are present and how it differs in other ways. I know the screen is only 5". I am a bit concerned about sound quality as others have mentioned since I have a nice HD stereo in my current vehicle. I'm not sure it's HD that makes the difference, but the sound is crisp and enjoyable at low volume which is my preference.

I'm leaning toward an EX-AWD in white with the gray interior. I have never owned an AWD or 4WD vehicle before, but for resale purposes, Denver drivers are convinced they need it if the car came with it as an option. (I've never needed AWD and have lived here for 30+ years).

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Hi Everyone! I've combed your message boards for the past couple weeks and finally joined! I'm grateful for all of the information you've all provided so far. I'm left with a few questions that are left unanswered for the most part.

1. At 6'4", do you predict I'll have adequate headroom in an EX? I saw that you lose 1.9" with the moonroof. That has been quite significant in previous Japanese cars I've driven and less of an issue in German cars. I drive a 2010 Golf TDI now and the moonroof isn't an issue. There are some features on the EX that I really like, but I never use a moonroof and wish it was optional on the EX.

2. Is the cloth interior quality/finish identical in the LX and EX trims? I'm guessing it is.

3. Does anyone have any images of the LX dash? I've yet to see one except perhaps on some Australian site some time ago. I'm curious about which knobs are present and how it differs in other ways. I know the screen is only 5". I am a bit concerned about sound quality as others have mentioned since I have a nice HD stereo in my current vehicle. I'm not sure it's HD that makes the difference, but the sound is crisp and enjoyable at low volume which is my preference.

I'm leaning toward an EX-AWD in white with the gray interior. I have never owned an AWD or 4WD vehicle before, but for resale purposes, Denver drivers are convinced they need it if the car came with it as an option. (I've never needed AWD and have lived here for 30+ years).

Thanks for your input!
It will be hard to answer your questions until someone has actually sat in an LX. They are pretty scarce out there right now.
I will report if I get to, but others may be able to help you sooner.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
1. I'm 6'1" and had plenty of headroom with the sunroof.

2. As always, EX cloth seat quality is superior to the lower level LX.

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Do we know the LX has different (presumably inferior) fabric? HRV4ME, did you find that somewhere, or are you extrapolating from other Honda models? Can one of the Honda sales folks find out?

In Canada the LX gets some EX-level features, like the 7-inch screen. Don't know if the fabric will be any different.

Don't lose hope, Bice...

·
Registered
632 Posts
Not inferior, just different. That was according to one of the representatives at a recent auto show.
We haven't see anything officially stated by Honda Corporate that the seat fabric is any different in the LX vs. EX. You would think there would be two cloth options shown on the HR-V website if there were. The rep. may have thought that there would be a difference because the Fit does have different cloth seats for the LX and EX, but I'm willing to bet that the HR-V will just have the 1 type of cloth seat for both LX and EX.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Your own words: "EX cloth seat quality is superior to the lower level LX"

Per the transitive property of inequalities, that's the same thing as saying "LX cloth seat quality is inferior to higher level EX".
I caught that too.
Also if true, I am not happy with Honda for doing that. This is a higher price level car and should have better fabric seats to begin with than the Fit.

Should know soon because I know dealers will be getting LX cars in their first shipments.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
So interesting, people seem to go to these Auto Shows or Honda's Training sessions, yet no one seems to ask the important questions they really have...to funny. I would love to know how many people are just a bunch of talkers and how many are actually serious individuals looking to make a purchase. LOL heck we have already seen several individuals who were so serious just a couple weeks ago and then suddenly fade into the background. Kind of sad really. :-(

Your own words: "EX cloth seat quality is superior to the lower level LX"

Per the transitive property of inequalities, that's the same thing as saying "LX cloth seat quality is inferior to higher level EX".

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
So interesting, people seem to go to these Auto Shows or Honda's Training sessions, yet no one seems to ask the important questions they really have...to funny. I would love to know how many people are just a bunch of talkers and how many are actually serious individuals looking to make a purchase. LOL heck we have already seen several individuals who were so serious just a couple weeks ago and then suddenly fade into the background. Kind of sad really. :-(
I am confused.....are you amused or are you sad?

Why don't you do another of your famous polls to discover how many are "serious" and how many are "talkers"?

Or you could ask the moderator to remove anyone who is not worthy , in your view, to offer an opinion or concern.

I did ask many questions of the trainer she did not have an answer to. She likely would have no idea about seat fabric either. Not her fault, her job is training from the Training Guide. Honda has not done a stellar job of getting info out.

When we see more of the cars soon, we will know a lot more about what each level is like.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I read this 3 times but still have no idea what this has to do with you contradicting yourself. Did you mean to reply to a different post?

·
Registered
514 Posts
I am confused.....are you amused or are you sad?

Why don't you do another of your famous polls to discover how many are "serious" and how many are "talkers"?

Or you could ask the moderator to remove anyone who is not worthy , in your view, to offer an opinion or concern.

I did ask many questions of the trainer she did not have an answer to. She likely would have no idea about seat fabric either. Not her fault, her job is training from the Training Guide. Honda has not done a stellar job of getting info out.

When we see more of the cars soon, we will know a lot more about what each level is like.

:laugh:

·
Registered
615 Posts
Everyone's got their own life going on. Serious today, not serious tomorrow. Maybe they decided on a different car in the end. I think the forum is more meant to discuss the HRV for whatever purpose you want, not just for people who are "serious" about buying the HRV.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Agree, completely. I guess we could all do with out some of the games and petty jabs (just saved some "likes" some time ;))

Everyone's got their own life going on. Serious today, not serious tomorrow. Maybe they decided on a different car in the end. I think the forum is more meant to discuss the HRV for whatever purpose you want, not just for people who are "serious" about buying the HRV.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts