Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Here's a nice comparison of the CX-3 vs. HR-V from Australia. Pretty much what we're expecting, buy the Mazda for the "sporty" feel, buy the HR-V for utility.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/344090/honda-hr-v-vti-v-mazda-cx-3-maxx-comparison-review/

I really like the side by side photos :D
That is great article...thanks.
That tiny hatch and low roof height on the CX-3 confirms my choice of the HR-V.

It does bring up a misgiving I have been having about the HR-V. That is the noise levels. They hover between 70 and 85 dBA on both. Now any reviews I have heard about the CVT mention it is noisy when the revs are high. I am hoping the 6 speed manual will alleviate this concern.

I also suspect the LX will not have the same sound deadening material the EX and EX-L will have.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Thanks for posting! Looking at that first picture, I love the front look of the CX-3 more than the HRV, but once I see the CX-3's side, I am not a fan.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
What about the butt ugly Nav. unit sticking on the dash of the Mazda like some after thought? That kills it for me.
This is a consistent design element in Mazdas. My daughter bought a 3 this summer and it has the same dash with the same awkward nav screen implementation. It makes the nav look like an afterthought.

·
Registered
95 Posts
What about the butt ugly Nav. unit sticking on the dash of the Mazda like some after thought? That kills it for me.
It does look weird.
On the other hand, the more I think about it the more I like an infotainment screen that is closer to where my eyes are looking as I drive.
It is ugly though...

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
It does look weird.
On the other hand, the more I think about it the more I like an infotainment screen that is closer to where my eyes are looking as I drive.
It is ugly though...
I was thinking the same thing. I like it up there near eye level.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts