Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Thanks for posting; hadn't seen that one yet. I like his articles, although I suspect he's closer to a Honda fan than a truly objective journalist. But that's okay; so am I!

Also interesting for you taller folks: Parks McCants is 6'5", and claims the HR-V works for him.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Color me dubious. The "review" sounds an awful lot like some hack rearranging Honda PR material, no doubt for consumption by Google News. In other words, click bait.

Maybe I'm unfair, but even the name sounds like an inside joke.

There are a lot of these "news outlets" that are absolute and utter garbage. I consider these "news" links background noise.

Want a real review - go the Aussie news sites, where they're already driving the HRV and casting a critical eye. You'll find the reviews are mixed, and pretty much what you'd expect. They'll tell you it's a nice car that will sell well, but that it's far from perfect.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for posting; hadn't seen that one yet. I like his articles, although I suspect he's closer to a Honda fan than a truly objective journalist. But that's okay; so am I!

Also interesting for you taller folks: Parks McCants is 6'5", and claims the HR-V works for him.
Where did you hear that? I read the article three times and I can't find it. The article is little more that a Honda Press Release.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Where did you hear that? I read the article three times and I can't find it. The article is little more that a Honda Press Release.
I may have misspoken. I found this article a while ago, where he says he's 6'5" and that he finds the seating good... in a Fit. I looked back at some of his past HR-V articles, and can't find a specific comment about fitting in the driver's seat.

And honestly, on re-reading these articles, I have to agree with scooterct that Torque News is, at best, a Honda fan site and at worst a shill for the brand. There's just a little too much unbridled enthusiasm and too little critical analysis.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Please don't give us false hope like that. I've been looking forward to buying one of these but if I don't fit, I don't fit and I'll have to look elsewhere. If someone 6'4" or better says it's comfortable, I'm golden. If a 6 footer says there isn't enough headroom , I don't have a prayer.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I have always liked torque news. They have come up with some good information once in a while. Reading all the articles now of course seems like it is all old news. But at the time they were first posted , they were sometimes the first with the latest.

They readily admit that they are Honda fans, so I am not bothered by that. A lot of journalists are biased but don't admit it, which is worse to me.

I thought it was cool that they actually answered a question I posted there.

It will be interesting if their actual article has anything critical to say after the embargo ends. If it is all fluff and praise then I will lose interest in them as helpful.

Now, take honda pro- Jason. I almost get nauseous listening to him it is so Honda gushy. But his videos have been revealing and that is good. :)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Please don't give us false hope like that. I've been looking forward to buying one of these but if I don't fit, I don't fit and I'll have to look elsewhere. If someone 6'4" or better says it's comfortable, I'm golden. If a 6 footer says there isn't enough headroom , I don't have a prayer.
Sorry. I posted a question on the article site; we'll see if he answers.

·
Registered
751 Posts
My question for Torque News:
Perry wrote on 2015, April 14 - 19:26
Parks, as a big man, can you comment on the comfort of the HR-V seats, driver and rear, for taller folks? Thanks!

His reply:
Welcome Perry. Yes. The first time I sat in HR-V at the Los Angeles Auto
show: I found a surprising amount of leg, hip and shoulder room in the
driver's and passenger seat of HR-V. Sitting in the rear passenger seat, I
found that if I moved in 3 inches from the door, headroom was more than
adequate for this 6 ft 5 inch journalist. The seats are well built, mildly
bolstered yet supportive. I would suggest dropping in at your local Honda
dealer and sitting in an CR-V or Honda Fit. They're seats are comparable.
Actually, the HR-V and Honda Fit driving environment dimension is within
fractions of an inch of each other. (same platform.) We'll comment on the
ride and handling aspects of HR-V at the end of April. Take care...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts