Honda HR-V Forum banner

Nissan Introduces the Rogue Sport (Qashqai ROW)

5K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  lbhonda 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
RogueSportForum.com - The Largest Nissan Rogue Sport Forum, Community And Owner's Club

This looks very interesting. I think the interior looks better than the HR-V to be honest - and it actually manages to pull off more cargo capacity with the seats down. I like the availability of safety/driver's assist packages too.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2017-nissan-rogue-sport-photos-and-info-news

The 2017 Rogue Sport is 12.1 inches shorter than the standard Rogue and has a 2.3-inch shorter wheelbase, which makes it slightly larger than the Nissan Juke and other subcompact crossovers such as the Honda HR-V and the Kia Soul. Despite its smaller footprint, it does share its basic platform with the Rogue, meaning its strut-front and multilink-rear suspension setups are retained.

...Rogue Sport offering 23 cubic feet behind the second row and 61 cubic feet with the second-row seats folded...

The Sport moniker doesn’t extend to the crossover’s powertrain, however, as a 141-hp 2.0-liter four-cylinder paired with a continuously variable automatic transmission is the lone setup. Even though the Rogue Sport is expected to be a few hundred pounds lighter than the Rogue (an official weight isn’t yet available), that engine isn’t likely to make for impressive acceleration. To be fair, few of the Rogue Sport’s competitors offer much oomph either: In our most recent comparison of subcompact crossovers, not a single entry managed to get from zero to 60 mph in less than eight seconds.

Nissan’s familiar S, SV, and SL trim levels comprise the Rogue Sport lineup, with front-wheel drive standard and all-wheel drive being an option. The S includes a USB port, Bluetooth, a backup camera, and satellite radio. The SV trim brings extra features like 17-inch wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, proximity entry and push-button start, and automatic headlights, while the SL comes standard with 19-inch wheels, heated leather front seats, a 360-degree-view camera, fog lights, and a heated steering wheel. A package of active safety features including adaptive cruise control, automated emergency braking, blind-spot warning, and lane-departure warning is optional.

Nissan won’t announce pricing until closer to the Rogue Sport’s on-sale date this spring, but a starting price right around $20,000 wouldn’t be unexpected given the standard Rogue’s $24,760 base price.

See less See more
#3 ·
Too many buttons for my taste. I love the simplicity of my HR-V (especially under the hood; there's actually space around the engine so you can work on it); ALTHOUGH, I bet the Nissan has a much smoother and quieter ride. HOWEVER, after having a Nissan (2003 Altima SE) and putting over 200,000 miles on it, it turned out to be fairly expensive to repair once I got past 120,000 miles. I am betting maintenance will be far less with my HR-V. (I also really dig the orange color on the Nissan Rogue Sport.)

#6 ·
Wife just bought a Rogue.

Don't get me wrong, it's a perfectly fine SUV. It's comfortable, has a nice ride (feels a bit more refined if I'm honest), feels well made for the price. It just doesn't compare to the HRV, even at the SV trim. Overall features, tech, cost to maintain, mpg, etc. are better in the Honda.

At no point do I find myself saying, "You know, if only the Rogue was smaller..." Hated the Juke as well.

#8 ·
#9 ·
For the average Joe, I feel like the price point of the HR-V is a huge factor. I got my 2017 LX AWD CVT for 21,9. Standard AWD, bluetooth, USB, back-up camera...very basic features that still make for a great car. If I was gonna pay in the mid to high 20's for an SUV, I would've gotten something bigger than an HR-V.

My only concern with getting a car with a billion features is the longevity of said features. When will they stop working? How much will it cost to fix them? Do I REALLY need them? Nope.

#10 ·
For the average Joe, I feel like the price point of the HR-V is a huge factor. I got my 2017 LX AWD CVT for 21,9. Standard AWD, bluetooth, USB, back-up camera...very basic features that still make for a great car. If I was gonna pay in the mid to high 20's for an SUV, I would've gotten something bigger than an HR-V.
I agree with you here. The price point + features of the HR-V are very compelling. I did a double-take when I saw that a fully loaded Rogue Sport with AWD is coming in at over $31k. :eek::eek::eek: For $33k I can get a fully loaded Touring CR-V...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.