Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nissan's big mistake was putting all their eggs in the CVT basket, it will be hard for them to recover from that. And you are correct, the sloped roof robs space. I would love to have a Forester-like shape from another manufacturer.

·
Registered
752 Posts
+1 for the Forester shape. I personally really dislike the aggressive muscle-bound look that seems to be the reason for the shrinking greenhouses, sloping backs and bulldog front ends. A car is still about function for me, and I hate how much of that is now sacrificed for style. That may be the main reason I'm drawn to Subaru.

Because of that aesthetic, I don't think Nissan / Infiniti has made anything to attract me since the 260Z... come to think of it, since they were Datsun!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks cool, but doesn't sound like we'd be getting it here anytime soon. Seems like its meant more the South American market.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Looks cool, but doesn't sound like we'd be getting it here anytime soon. Seems like its meant more the South American market.
The Kicks is a fundamentally clean design, UNLIKE the creases-going-everywhere, gimmicky styling of the HR-V. (Clearly all IMHO, not my wife's, who says the HR-V is cute.)

As for the Kicks, the underlying question is will it, and if so, when will it, be available in the U.S.?

In the meantime, it looks like she'/we wil be getting an HR-V before summer's end.

EDIT: On second thought, leavenfish is right, they are similar ... it's just that the creases on the Kicks seem to be more coherent, following a theme ... IMHO!

·
Registered
485 Posts
EDIT: On second thought, leavenfish is right, they are similar ... it's just that the creases on the Kicks seem to be more coherent, following a theme ... IMHO!

The exterior accents are cool...but when has 'cool' EVER gone over in the US? My guess is when it is introduced into the US market, they will drop that for the 'sameness' the majority seem to crave. If you want your biggest sales, you always 'dumb it down' to the lowest common denominator the public wants.

·
Banned
355 Posts
The Kicks is a fundamentally clean design, UNLIKE the creases-going-everywhere, gimmicky styling of the HR-V. (Clearly all IMHO, not my wife's, who says the HR-V is cute.)

As for the Kicks, the underlying question is will it, and if so, when will it, be available in the U.S.?

In the meantime, it looks like she'/we wil be getting an HR-V before summer's end.

IMHO, I think you overlook the styling details of the HRV. Those "creases" actually flow. Ex: One "crease" flows into the hidden door handle, accenting the coupe-like styling.
BOOM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts