Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I have a 2018 HR-V. Never had an issue until recently, I can’t seem to figure out why & really don’t have the money to take it to the dealership for an answer.

About a month ago, after taking groceries out of the trunk, I went to lock the car and heard & saw nothing — no beep, no flashing lights, etc.. Although it locked the car, it did not beep or flash (indicating the car was locked and the security system was set). I prefer hearing the beep when I lock the car & have no clue what I did to somehow disable it? Every door, including the trunk and the hood have been examined and cleaned, as I’ve been reading a lot about solutions to this issue. Some people have indicated it’s more about how quickly you press the remote. Not even true!!
Makes no sense to me why this has happened!! Appreciate, so much, anything anyone can tell me what they know about this issue. Thank you!!!!!

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
A dealership visit should be under warranty, no cost to you…

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
What financial means you used to purchase the car has nothing to do with warranty, yes you are covered.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh that’s OUTSTANDING!!! Thanks, so much, Glen. My first lease, so I wasn’t sure. You’ve made my day! Greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you tested each door for interior lights switching on and off when doors are opened and closed?
Well, I have made sure each door is closed, spacewrangler . Haven’t, necessarily, looked to see if interior lights are on or off when door is open or closed. Thing is the doors DO lock when I hit my “lock door” button on my remote, I just don’t receive a beep or a flash of the lights any longer when I leave my car parked. Of note, too, the lights do flash when I unlock the doors before I get in the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe the car thinks a door is still open
Yes, hikendan, after this issue began, I did research on the Internet and saw lots of people suggesting it was possible the doors or the trunk or the hood was opened. I’ve cleaned all the areas inside the door frames that might cause any problem, so I don’t know! Planning on taking it by the dealership tomorrow to see if they can give me an idea of what has happened to my vehicle preventing it from giving me an audible/visual sign that the doors are locked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help! I have a 2018 HR-V. Never had an issue until recently, I can’t seem to figure out why & really don’t have the money to take it to the dealership for an answer.

About a month ago, after taking groceries out of the trunk, I went to lock the car and heard & saw nothing — no beep, no flashing lights, etc.. Although it locked the car, it did not beep or flash (indicating the car was locked and the security system was set). I prefer hearing the beep when I lock the car & have no clue what I did to somehow disable it? Every door, including the trunk and the hood have been examined and cleaned, as I’ve been reading a lot about solutions to this issue. Some people have indicated it’s more about how quickly you press the remote. Not even true!!
Makes no sense to me why this has happened!! Appreciate, so much, anything anyone can tell me what they know about this issue. Thank you!!!!!
This happened to me an I did everything I could think of to fix this problem. I also checked manual. Long story short back trunk door wasn’t closed tight. I thought I’d checked it but didn’t pull hard enough. That’s all it was. 😉 Good Luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This happened to me an I did everything I could think of to fix this problem. I also checked manual. Long story short back trunk door wasn’t closed tight. I thought I’d checked it but didn’t pull hard enough. That’s all it was. 😉 Good Luck
Wledudleys -Thank you, so much, for responding. The very last thing I did with my car before it stopped beeping & flashing when I hit the lock button was take groceries out of my trunk. I've just had the strongest feeling my problem has everything to do with my trunk. I'm going to have to look very closely at every inch to figure out what is in the way of it not closing completely.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts