Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come on honda, talk about nickle and diming .. My wife had this feature back in 2010 in her nissan sentra that was almost 6 grand cheaper. Not to mention it also had XM.. Hopefully next year this will be a standard feature on all LX models. Also I bet the Maxda CX3 this is a standard feature no doubt.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Yes, just one of the many benefits of going with the EX. ;)

EX additions

• 7-inch touchscreen Display Audio connectivity interface
  • Honda LaneWatch Display
  • 180-watt, 6-speaker AM/FM/CD
  • Pandora radio compatible
  • Heated front seats
  • One-touch power moonroof with tilt feature
  • Smart Entry and Push-Button Start
  • Steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters (CVT only)
  • Auto-on/off headlights
  • Fog lights
  • Multi-angle rearview camera with dynamic guidelines
  • Second USB jack
  • SMS Text Message functionality
  • Automatic climate control system with air filtration
  • Rear privacy glass
  • Heated body-colored side mirrors with turn indicators
  • Variable intermittent wipers
  • Lighted vanity mirrors
  • Chrome interior door handles, speaker rings and air vent trims

Come on honda, talk about nickle and diming .. My wife had this feature back in 2010 in her nissan sentra that was almost 6 grand cheaper. Not to mention it also had XM.. Hopefully next year this will be a standard feature on all LX models. Also I bet the Maxda CX3 this is a standard feature no doubt.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yes, just one of the many benefits of going with the EX. ;)

EX additions

• 7-inch touchscreen Display Audio connectivity interface
  • Honda LaneWatch Display
  • 180-watt, 6-speaker AM/FM/CD
  • Pandora radio compatible
  • Heated front seats
  • One-touch power moonroof with tilt feature
  • Smart Entry and Push-Button Start
  • Steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters (CVT only)
  • Auto-on/off headlights
  • Fog lights
  • Multi-angle rearview camera with dynamic guidelines
  • Second USB jack
  • SMS Text Message functionality
  • Automatic climate control system with air filtration
  • Rear privacy glass
  • Heated body-colored side mirrors with turn indicators
  • Variable intermittent wipers
  • Lighted vanity mirrors
  • Chrome interior door handles, speaker rings and air vent trims
Yes, but the LX has one huge feature over the EX: adequate headroom.

·
Registered
402 Posts
. Yes it does. Also 3 has a smart fob that allows unlocking drivers door without pulling the keyfob out on higer trim models. If you have to have the fob out, it kind of negates some of the advantage of push button start. Don't know if CX-3 will have it available.

Later: Pardon my ignorance. Looking at HRV4ME's list of features for the HRV EX, it also has a fobless "smart entry" feature..

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yeah, come on Honda. Don't be so cheap. No sunroof or tinted windows on the LX? My '98 Mazda 626 LX had those. And no leather seats? Shoot even some Fits have leather seats, and those are thou$ands cheaper. It's almost like they want us to spend more $ to get the stuff you want! [\sarcasm]

·
Registered
615 Posts
Would the push button start be nice? Yes.

Do I really care that much about it as opposed to sticking the key in the ignition and turning it? No.

I am perpetually surprised by what people expect in their cars as far as features go these days. Rain sensing wipers and push button start. These just aren't that important to me. To each their own though.

As long as I have heat and music.

·
Registered
751 Posts
In Canada, at least, the CX3 brochure shows push button start on all models, but "advanced keyless entry system" only on the top GT trim. I'm guessing that means you have to click the fob to get in on the others.

Also SiriusXM only available on the GT with TECH package, which includes blind spot monitoring, cross traffic alert, smart city braking, lane departure warning, and high beam control. Don't know what you pay for all of that, and you can't get any of it with the smaller engine.

Every brand packages things differently...

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm finding it obnoxious to be honest. I keep trying to put keys in where there's no ignition. Even the sales guy laughed. I continually fumble for keys to turn it off too. Now I know how my former boss accidentally left a Chrysler rental running when we went to dinner on a business trip. It idled in the parking lot for an hour oops! It's a very bizarre feature and not that common until the last few years. Those of us upgrading from economy cars are just straight up confused. LOL

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm finding it obnoxious to be honest. I keep trying to put keys in where there's no ignition. Even the sales guy laughed. I continually fumble for keys to turn it off too. Now I know how my former boss accidentally left a Chrysler rental running when we went to dinner on a business trip. It idled in the parking lot for an hour oops! It's a very bizarre feature and not that common until the last few years. Those of us upgrading from economy cars are just straight up confused. LOL
I agree! Not to mention, how does one turn on auxiliary mode? For me, I didn't like how you have to step on the brake while starting the car. To me, thats counter-intuitive! Especially for those of us who have owned older cars that one needed to give a little gas to, to get them started!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I agree! Not to mention, how does one turn on auxiliary mode? For me, I didn't like how you have to step on the brake while starting the car. To me, thats counter-intuitive! Especially for those of us who have owned older cars that one needed to give a little gas to, to get them started!

Push the button once with your foot OFF the brake pedal to enter auxiliary mode. Radio, bluetooth, nav will run off battery juice, engine will not be running.

Push the button a 2nd time with your foot OFF the brake to enter what would be the "ON" mode on a keyed ignition (pwr windows, sunroof and climate control will work, off the battery.)

Push it a third time with foot OFF the brake and all goes off.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Push the button once with your foot OFF the brake pedal to enter auxiliary mode. Radio, bluetooth, nav will run off battery juice, engine will not be running.

Push the button a 2nd time with your foot OFF the brake to enter what would be the "ON" mode on a keyed ignition (pwr windows, sunroof and climate control will work, off the battery.)

Push it a third time with foot OFF the brake and all goes off.
Vs...

Insert key, turn.

That works for me! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts